PDA

View Full Version : S Line/Sports Suspension

mkc
21-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi all,
Does anyone know what suspension comes with a S Line. I have a document which I downloaded from a thread in this forum that says

Sport suspension (S line suspension (30mm lower) available in lieu of Sport suspension at no charge)

That makes no sense to me. Do I have to request S Line Suspension lowered 30mm or does it come as standard. Or do I read that as S Line Suspension is standard on a S Line (as you would expect) but I can change it to Sport Suspesion at no extra charge? Whats the difference?

Also, anyone know if the drivers armrest and door inserts are Cloth or Leather in the Cloth/part leather S Line interior!

gilesw08
21-04-2008, 03:09 PM
from what I understand the s line sports suspension is 20mm lower then SE as standard but that you can request 30mm lower instead free of charge. seems bizarre to me :confused:

mkc
21-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks for that, Im confused even more now

Anybody else care to comment? Im not concerned about the ride on 19inch wheels but would rather have the car lowered to 30mm if possible, esp if its free!!

What did those waiting for a S Line request in their build?

psiron
21-04-2008, 06:34 PM
I read this too. I think there will be some very angry customers if you have to specify the 30mm. Most expect this as standard without having to ask???

N-Line
21-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I have just ordered one. When going through the spec with the dealer he told me it was 30mm. He didn't say it was to be specified.

DobarDabar
21-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi,

the thing is:
you can order "ordinary" sport suspension which is 20min lower than normal. I tried it and it is harder and it is louder.

When you order S-line exterior package you can then say that you want sport suspension which is 30min lower and made by quattro gmbh at no charge, but only if you order s line exterior. I supose that suspension is more louder and harder.

And also, if you order S-line exterior package you dont get S-line interior package.

I hope that I helped.
Regards

mkc
22-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Why would you order the interior and not the exterior? Surely if you order a S Line you get the Interior and Exterior, or do you mean you buy a SE but can ask for the S Line body kit?....... Looks like Im going to have to speak to the dealer again.

mkc
22-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I think ove got to the bottom of the 30mm and 20mm suspension issue.

New online config tool makes it clear

S line trim
at £2500 RRP on top of SE
Includes:
Wheels, tyres and suspension
18 x 8J '5 spoke' S line design alloy wheels with 245/40 R18 tyres
Sport suspension 20mm lower than Standard. (S line suspension 30mm lower than standard available in lieu of Sport suspension at no charge)
Space-saving spare wheel
Interior equipment
3-spoke S line multi-function steering wheel (paddle shift for Automatic models)
Black headlining
Matt brushed aluminium inlays
Perforated leather gear knob
S line embossed Sport seats in cloth/leather combination
S line sill plates
Exterior equipment
Bumper 'blade' in Platinum optic
Chrome fog light surround
Chrome rolled exhaust
S line exterior styling package including:
S line side skirts
S line front bumper
S line rear diffuser
S line badges on wings
Xenon headlights with LED running lights
Additional upholstery information
Option of black or silver stitching to upholstery, steering wheel, gearshift gaiters and floor mats.

So the S Line comes with "Sports" supsension which is 20mm lower than the standard/SE suspension. If you want it lowered 30mm you have to ask for it. Why on earth a S Line would come with 20mm Sports supsension and not the 30mm S Line suspension I have no idea. Im waiting for the dealer to come back to me as Ill change my spec order. Will be interesting to see these first S Lines turn up lowered only 20mm...........anyone gonna complain?

So the chap above was correct. S Line supsension needs to be specified on your S Line order........ odd. Glad I can change my order. Ive just Emailed my dealer and ill let you know what they come back with

steve1234
22-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Hello, I've got one of these on order that should be here next week so fingers crossed I and the dealer got it right! It seems that the standard s-line pack includes 20mm lower sports suspension but there is a no cost option to drop it a further 10mm (I went for that of course)

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktion/Attachment.html?attachmentId=448244&ajax=true

This seems to be an audi thing showing the s-line bits....... but doesn't really clarify the suspension bit.

They've also stopped the option of 19" wheels which is a bit annoying so I'll be on 18's for a short period until I buy some nicer ones! (and dropped parking sensors form standard fit)

Will report when I have my new black beauty!!!

mkc
22-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Audi UK have replied with

"Yes you will need to specify that you want it 30mm lower, as the default is 20mm lower than standard. As stated, this is a no cost option"

So those of you who were told other wise I will be interested to see how your car turns up. I know 10mm is not much but I feel it adds to the appearance of the car, its a free option. I would be annoyed if I was not given the option, told it came at 30mm and it turned up at 20mm.

Good luck with what you get.

HotChip
23-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Try telling my wife that an extra 10mm doesn't matter!

This is slightly off topic, but seeing as the S-Line spec and pics have been posted here, I think it's an appropriate question. I currently have a B6 A4 Sport which was the equivalent of the current S-Line 4 years ago. It's a diesel and the exhaust (due to current regs at that time?) was hidden. The equivalent petrol versions all had fancy twin exhausts which looked the dogs danglies.

I should be in possession of my new B8 S-Line 2.0TDi in a few weeks time and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the diesel versions are getting the same hidden exhaust treatment this time, or whether I will be able to show off a pair of chrome exhausts as shown in the pics. I seem to remember seeing a deisel in the showroom which had them but does anyone know for certain?

Cheers

HotChip

mkc
23-04-2008, 08:38 AM
From what Ive seen they look the same as the petrol, so "Chrome Rolled" two of them coming out of the left of the car. Ive seen pictures of the 3 Litre versions and they have two. one coming out either side.

Obviously these were only pictures so no idea what will turn up for you........ sorry

AZMOTORSPARES
24-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Ordered my s-line 3rd march with servotronic steer(a must for me) tyre pressure , advance park , folding dimming mirrors , after 1 week when i had a chance i read the audi catalogue which states 20mm standard and 30mm in place of this ie meaning you have to state how low you want it , bye the way the s-line doesnt come with an exhaust each side only the 3.0's have this although the s-line has twin chrome trims on the same side. Ordered my phantom black pearl expecting delivery end of may , TOTAL FLEET 3 YEAR 15K A YEAR £375+VAT

I think ove got to the bottom of the 30mm and 20mm suspension issue.

New online config tool makes it clear

S line trim
at £2500 RRP on top of SE
Includes:
Wheels, tyres and suspension
18 x 8J '5 spoke' S line design alloy wheels with 245/40 R18 tyres
Sport suspension 20mm lower than Standard. (S line suspension 30mm lower than standard available in lieu of Sport suspension at no charge)
Space-saving spare wheel
Interior equipment
3-spoke S line multi-function steering wheel (paddle shift for Automatic models)
Black headlining
Matt brushed aluminium inlays
Perforated leather gear knob
S line embossed Sport seats in cloth/leather combination
S line sill plates
Exterior equipment
Bumper 'blade' in Platinum optic
Chrome fog light surround
Chrome rolled exhaust
S line exterior styling package including:
S line side skirts
S line front bumper
S line rear diffuser
S line badges on wings
Xenon headlights with LED running lights
Additional upholstery information
Option of black or silver stitching to upholstery, steering wheel, gearshift gaiters and floor mats.

So the S Line comes with "Sports" supsension which is 20mm lower than the standard/SE suspension. If you want it lowered 30mm you have to ask for it. Why on earth a S Line would come with 20mm Sports supsension and not the 30mm S Line suspension I have no idea. Im waiting for the dealer to come back to me as Ill change my spec order. Will be interesting to see these first S Lines turn up lowered only 20mm...........anyone gonna complain?

So the chap above was correct. S Line supsension needs to be specified on your S Line order........ odd. Glad I can change my order. Ive just Emailed my dealer and ill let you know what they come back with

Julian.P
24-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Orderd my 2.0 Tdi A4 S-line on the 25th March, with optional servotronic steering, 19" 7 double spoke wheels, Body in White. I asked my salesman that I wanted the 30mm lowered S-line suspension, of which he replyed it is standard on the S-line!!, it wasn't until I was reading this thread on Monday evening how wrong my salesman was. I called Audi customer services Tuesday morning for them to confirm that 30mm lowered S-line suspension has to specified. Called dealer, the reply was not to worry we can change it. Dealer rang next day, build date was confirmed last week at week 20, so unlikely that the S-line suspension could be added, I explained that it was his problem and that I wanted S-line suspension fitted. Still waiting for a response from the dealer.

HODG
25-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Julian my dealer told me the same as you, it just comes with it and you dont have to specify it, even tho i asked about it when i ordered, i rang up yesterday to doublecheck to be told that they had made a mistake and you do have to request it when ordering, but as my build date was confirmed (week 20) that nothing could be done........obviously i wasnt having that as 1) they hadnt even started building it and 2) it wasnt my fault, so i did what you need to do. i kicked right off !!! they rang me back 10minutes later to say she had contacted Germany and had changed it so it would definately come with the 30mm drop ......easy !! :aargh4:

Julian.P
25-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi there,
boy have I had a day with my dealership! They have told me that there is no way that the spec of the car can be changed after it has been confirmed. So therefore i was left with no choice but to cancel the car. So they are now in the process of ordering me a new car with the correct s-line suspension.

So my friend, I would advise you to get written confirmation from your dealership that the suspension on your car has been changed, because audi UK and my dealership have said once the build date is confirmed, it cannot be changed.

Good luck, let me know how you get on!

HODG
25-04-2008, 06:07 PM
that was what they told me, except i said if i had to cancel my car i wouldnt be ordering the new one through that dealer -- that changed the outcome rapidly !!
they said it was garaunteed that the car would come with the 30mm drop as they discussed it over the phone with Germany and had an email confirmation of this.
and it was the sales director who dealt with it .