PDA

View Full Version : 2.6E Cabrio ticking noise under acceleration....

cwilding
20-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi All,

New to Cabs, so new to this forum. Recently sold my 2006 A4 2.0T FSI Special Edition as taking a few months off work and purchased on a whim a 2000 V plate 2.6 V6 Cabrio. FASH, 73000 only needs a few bits done to it to make it top notch. I'm having the original alloys recond to get rid of the aftermarket wheels currently on it.

Anyhow, I'm used to new 4 cylinder cars, and so this car is a bit different in many ways. I appreciate that the V6 engine is going to sound very different and this car is not going to perform anything like my previous 220bhp one. BUT, the car makes a real ticking noise from the front of the car when I try and accelerate. It's a very marked noise, but you don't really hear it when the windows and roof shut. With a window open it's there, totally different to the very throaty engine noise. It only occurs under acceleration.

Any suggestions? Is this just what the car sounds like, or are my suspicions around an exhaust issue likely to be correct. It did pass it's MOT 6 weeks ago.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid......

Chris

ASBOAUTO
13-05-2008, 12:28 AM
hello, im glad u put this post on here coz my 2.3e cabrio does the same thing although mine is ok in idle when driving in any gear it makes a ticking noise but also sounds as if exhaust is blowing but ive had it redone from the cat back to tailpipe, it also does the noise between gearchanges as if something is rattling. Everyone just keeps saying Well its an old car (L plate 97000 mile), if U get any info please let me know, Im gonna check my injectors, and a few other things, ill let U know if any results.

baltiboys2
16-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Spray some wd40 or duckoil on the belts and see if it disappears you can get ticking nosies from them ;)

Cheers Raj

S2 avant
s2 coupe
v6 coupe
80 tdi

scotty33
16-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi

Sounds like it could be the exhaust manifold blowing?