PDA

View Full Version : How easy / difficult are these jobs?

VWVirgin08
20-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

I bought a 2001 1.9 TDI Passat a few months ago with 75,000 on the clock. The service history that came with the car showed that the turbo was repaired at 72,000 miles and a new air mass meter and map sensor were fitted at the same time. Since buying it, it has developed an irritating lag / hesitation on acceleration in any gear up to about 2500rpm. After that, the power kicks in and it goes like a rocket. I have been reading this (very excellent) forum and posting a few threads to find out what might be causing it and the replies are below. Now I need to find out how easy / difficult these jobs are as I don't want to pay through the nose at a Main ******** if I can do them myself. I have limited D.I.Y. experience but am good with my hands and have loads of patience and figure things out quickly. Could you experienced folk give me an idea of how easy / difficult the following tasks are? And if you could give an indication as to what order I should look at them, I'd be very very grateful.

replave n75 boost control valve
check turbo vanes are not jamed
check air flow meter
check egr valves
check inter cooler pipes
check the VNT mechanism
replace the diverter valve
check the actuator rod
check the flexible turbo pipe
check the wastegate on the turbo is not sticking
check the filter fitted is a genuine filter