PDA

View Full Version : RS 6 Headlights to A6

angbobian
20-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I have an Audi A6 2.4 SE 2007 I love the new style headlights from the new Audi RS 6. Dose anyone now if they will fit my car and if so will it be just a straight swap
Cheers

Rob.H
12-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Bump, as i would like to know this also.

gtiller
13-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I'd like to know too...

... I keep looking at RS6 pictures, and just cannot decide whether or not the front wings are wider.

If they are, then I fear the headlamp clusters will not fit.

gtiller
13-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Great news - I've just been googling!

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evospyshots/220737/audi_a6_facelift.html

Looks like the face life A6 will get the DRL fairy lights too!

I was considering the S6 DRLs, but this would be a much nicer option.

- just need Audi to get the facelifted A6 on sale in the UK!

:beerchug:

TomS60
15-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi, I have posted in the new members section also, but I actually have a set of the New S6 Led running lights that are fitted in the air vents, and would like to fit them to my Volvo.
Any news on where to even start?

Regards,

Tom

Akash
17-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Isnt' that difficult... I connected mine to the sidelights
spliced the sidelight cable and connected the LED ones - putting them in the front between the fogs and headlights (in the air duct area)

On the T5 it's just as easy, I did a few mods in my T5 when I had one before the Audi though getting around the engine bay isnt the easiest!

Oh, tried every type of double sided tape and sticky pads - in the end, went for some glue (aero something or other) to stick them down

TomS60
17-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Isnt' that difficult... I connected mine to the sidelights
spliced the sidelight cable and connected the LED ones - putting them in the front between the fogs and headlights (in the air duct area)

On the T5 it's just as easy, I did a few mods in my T5 when I had one before the Audi though getting around the engine bay isnt the easiest!

Oh, tried every type of double sided tape and sticky pads - in the end, went for some glue (aero something or other) to stick them down

Thanks for the reply Akash, you seem to be the man in the know. Do you have any pics? Just I have measured the LED units, and they are larger than the air duct area I am wanting to put them in. On some German website, they actually cut the LED unit I think so it fitted. Do you know if this is possible, as I have spoken with a bodyshop who can do the work, but at imense cost!!!

Thanks.