PDA

View Full Version : A4 concert single cd mp3 connection

WestieGTZ
19-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi i am new to this forum so i hope someone can help me! i have recently bought an Audi A4 saloon with a single concert head unit. I am unsure as to whether it is amplified/bose system or not! I have looked at the back by removing the glove box and there only seems to be 1 yellow connector in the middle of the unit and iso connections nearest the glove box (right hand drive car). Can someone tell me what system i have from my above description also as to whether or not i can fit an aftermarket mp3 adapter module?

Kind Regards

Martyn

WestieGTZ
21-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi again, is anybody able to help me with my query regarding my sound system type and as to whether i can fit an mp3 interface kit to it?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Martyn

soldendave
21-04-2008, 09:44 PM
ok i'm not totaly sure but i just bought an xcarlink mp3 adaptor that fits into the cd changer socket (www.xcarlink.com (http://www.xcarlink.com)) it's expensive but i will let you know if it works should get it tommorow.
as for what system you have i'm not sure would like to know myself if it is a bose system it would mostlikely say so on the rear sub. this is in the right hand side compartment of the boot (avant).

thats about all i know at the moment. i'm hoping to increase the amp size and add an extra sub. does anyone know if it's possible. i have an A4 avant 05 march.:Blush:

dave

Hooper
28-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi WestieGTZ, There is stuff about this is you use the search feature. I have an 04 plate A4 Avant and I have connected up the Harmon Kardon Ipod link to my concert head unit. Pretty easy when you have all the bits sorted. You can get a "Connects2" or a "Dension Ice link" that perform a simple connection job but you get less controlability with those. All of these basically fool the head unit you have a CD changer fitted. The Connects and Denison will only run your i-pod like a Shuffle using the skip buttons on the head unit when you have CD selected. The HK comes with a small screen and control knob and you can select tracks, artists, shuffle, repeat and the screen shows what you are playing. You need to get on google to get a lead that connects to your head unit, can't remember where I got mine, sorry. The only other thing is to ensure you connect both live feeds to the HK device! You can get head unit removal keys on the net as well.

Good luck.

Hoops