PDA

View Full Version : The boot lid is not shut or open

maily
19-04-2008, 07:00 PM
My 2007 Flying Spurt has this problem. We cannot open or close the boot lid using the keyless or pressing the button on the boot. The master key with 3 buttons still works with other functions like starting the engine, lock/unclock the doors but not open or close the boot lid. We check the engine wire in the rear body and the trunk. Everything looks OK. Appreciated with any help.

Theresias
21-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Since you are asking in the VAG-COM forum, have you tried running an Auto-Scan and reading fault codes (especially those in the comfort system)? Additionally, even though the wiring seems to be OK, have you checked the read lid contact switch positions as well as tried an output test to engage the opening motor?

maily
21-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for your response. Yes. We use VAS5052 to scan and got the fault message "Keyles entry/start control moudel (Basic system)". We followed the output to check wiring such as: switch the ignition OFF, disconnect C00277 keyless entry/start control module, resistance measurement (UR/D and COM measuring lead). Then the scanner stated "no fault found on wire". We also checked manualy the wire or switch. We tested to motor and it works fine. What other test that we should have? Should we replaced the other parts? Thanks in advance.

Theresias
22-04-2008, 03:35 AM
You should also find details about the senders/remotes and which buttons are actually pressed on them, since it's more than one of them which doesn't work it appears that the problem is on the car side.

If I understand you right you checked all the obvious things, so my next step/suggestion would be to think about what would prevent the rear lid to open (i.e. prerequisites not met)...

Do you have any chance to double check your measurements on a similar model?

maily
22-04-2008, 07:04 PM
This more detail about with the remode. When I pressed the button to open the boot. There is a "beep" sound and a flash from the car. It means the keyless control module is OK right. So only the trunk has the problem. But we already replaced the boot lid control module. About the scanner, when we ran it, it always has a note at the last step: "Check for corrosion, water and/or damaged connections. Reconnect all component". We checked but did not find any damaged or corrosion.