PDA

View Full Version : Top Service Main Audi dealer Glasgow

torrox
16-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi folks this is my 1st post but i thought the dealer i've just had dealings with needed a bit of praise.

To cut a very long story short I bought a 1999 A6 1.8t a couple of months ago and i've never been happier with a motor. That is until i was driving the other day down a dual carriageway and the car stopped cruising quietly and just died....
Now it was bad enough limping to the hard shoulder but i had my disabled wife and 2yr old son in the car and it was blowing a gale and peeing down outside! :1zhelp:

The breakdown firm didn't help matters (Yeah thanks Admiral for your roadside assistance :mad: ) They finally figured out where I was after nearly an hour (On the A8 dual carriageway about to join the M8 not exactly rocket science) The truck finally arrived 45minutes later only for the mechanic to tell us the belt might have gone.... :aargh4: I'll have to tow you to the nearest garage...

This is where my life became a whole lot easier.

Thanks to Glasgow Audi we were given free Food & beverages while the car was in.
My son could let off some steam in the indoor play park and the very helpful staff not only looked after us as mentioned above they also found us a family sized hire car and arranged a taxi to take us to it! And a lot more.

Now i know Audi garages are expensive, but i have never been to a garage where the service staff have been so willing to help!:beerchug:

So thanks Audi Glasgow, i'll definately be back! If they can sort problems like this out then the premium is worth it.

And the moral of this story....

The service history might say the work has been done but check with the manufacturer by giving them your VIN.

When the belt goes you're stuffed. Mine bent 20Valves!:mad: Get it changed if you're unsure. £££££££££££££££££

The garage that sold me the car and the warranty company etc are liable but i'll not go into too much detail as it's not yet fixed. The story continues...

The breakdown cover that i bought with my Admiral car Insurance is C...rubbish! AVOID AVOID AVOID by your breakdown seperately! They should call it drop and go cover and not in a hurry!

and finally for those members in the Glasgow area here's the garages details.

Glasgow Audi
520 Hillington Road
Braehead
Glasgow
Strathclyde
G52 4UB

Tel: 0141 565 6300