PDA

View Full Version : A4 pricing?

redrag
19-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Hello, everyone I am completely new to the world of vw/Audi, and indeed this forum, this is only my 2nd post after joining this morning.
I know nothing about Audi's and I am hanging my nose over an A4 and would like to know if you think this (http://autovogue.com/sale-details/audi/a4/ref-9224720) is expensive and is there anything I should know in advance about A4's?
Thanks in advance, Andy

bez101
19-04-2008, 12:57 PM
looks nice but i wouldnt pay 12k for it

front wing
19-04-2008, 01:53 PM
As Bez say's. nice looking car but to dear

RickT
19-04-2008, 11:22 PM
It does look nice..

The car as standard would be worth around £8k MAX....

I would have a look around and see what else there is to be honest..

(also.. the cam belt and water pump is due @ 60k... that will be another £400-£500 from a dealer..)

Rick

redrag
20-04-2008, 10:24 AM
I have also seen this which I love, whadya think?
ABT A4 (http://pistonheads.com/sales/429444.htm)

It is also arguably expensive but I haven't seen a lot else that does it for me tbh. I am abit stuck, I had made my mind up to finally break away from BMW ownership and I really like Audi's but you certainly don't seem to get as much for your money, I would say they look slightly classier in some cases, but equiptment levels seem considerably lower, maybe I need to look harder

lucas88
20-04-2008, 09:38 PM
As you said; seems a tad expensive. Imo I wouldn't go for a car that's been modified, basically means that it's been ragged. Idiots seem to think that having non-standard parts and equipment on their car make it more valuble. It's not. I'd keep looking, go for the S-line Tdi saloon. If you're going to pay 10k or so, make sure that it has leather and at least some optional extras. If you want a modified-looking car then buy a non-colour coded, standard Tdi and buy a kit or see if you can find s-line parts for it yourself. Pay around £6/7k for the car then spend the remaining £4k or so on mods, means that you can make it exactly how you want. You can do a great deal for that much if you're smart with it. (that's what I'd do if I had £10/11k to spend). Good luck!

paul b
20-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I have also seen this which I love, whadya think?
ABT A4 (http://pistonheads.com/sales/429444.htm)

It is also arguably expensive but I haven't seen a lot else that does it for me tbh. I am abit stuck, I had made my mind up to finally break away from BMW ownership and I really like Audi's but you certainly don't seem to get as much for your money, I would say they look slightly classier in some cases, but equiptment levels seem considerably lower, maybe I need to look harder
Yeah, that still seems slightly expensive though. Those wheels don't do anything for me to be honest.

You'll probably find that more of the kit you get on an Audi is an optional extra compared to BMW. You'll just have to keep looking for one that's loaded.

Paul

tahirj89
21-04-2008, 12:42 AM
It does look nice..

The car as standard would be worth around £8k MAX....

Rick

Hmmm, am startin to worry now, i just got a 1.9tdi sport (how do you tell if its sport or SE?) with about 98k mileage for £8k!!! :o not good....

lucas88
21-04-2008, 08:50 AM
If it's an SE then it will have chrome window surround as standard. The sport has a slightly lower, harder suspension. They're the only things I know that are different about them. Most things on the B6 were optional extras as far as I know so it's hard to tell but I'd imagine that it says on the registration docs.

tahirj89
21-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Yea just checked my registration docs, and its defo a 130 sport... i've also got the chrome surround and some people have said its lower then usual, so i gather it is a sports :D

Still, do you think i paid too much for it??

lucas88
21-04-2008, 02:17 PM
£8k for 98k seems expensive but there are loads of other factors like condition of the paintwork, interior and alloys etc. Plus optional extras such as the chrome window trim that yours has. At the end of the day mate, if you feel like you've got a really nice car and you feel like you've got £8ks worth then you probably have. It's just down to how happy you are with it.

tahirj89
21-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Well it does have quite alot of things, and do think the car is fantastic, is kept in well nick and looks the bizz neezz (business :D) just tryin to find little things like whats the best sort of engine oil, also consfused on the tyre pressure - see the sticker on the pillar dosent mention the PSI for 18" wheels, so am not sure what the right psi is, atm ive left it at 34

lucas88
24-04-2008, 12:11 PM
34 psi is pretty safe. As for oil, there is a thread in the community section somewhere (do a search for it)