PDA

View Full Version : alhambre wiper relay?

kartman
19-04-2008, 10:19 AM
hi all.
could anyone help we have a 1999 alhambra and the wipers have stopped working have tried another switch didnt work but if you bridge the wires you get wipers working, also when pull the stalk to spray water the rear wiper comes on..
can any one help

cheers Dave

Robin Vitiello
30-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Hi there. Yes I had a similar problem. A friendly Seat guy told us a little known secret. Mine is on 02 plate so I am assuming the layout of yours will be similar.

Have a lok in the fuses underneath the steering wheel. You will see the rows of fuses, however there are three or four more that sit horizontally below these and may well be covered with a plastic cover. Take this off and check those fuses. Some time back but from memory it was the second or third one in from the left.
Just check them all with a multimeter to se if any have blown.

These are not shown in the manual, but it was explained that these fuses are set at a lower rating to help prevent damage!! - if you believe that.

Anyway it may not be this, but its worth having a look.

Let me know if that was it?

Cheers

Robin

parky087
19-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi all,
just to let you know I have a 04 Alhambra and fuse no 33 10 amp was blown and when replaced this sorted my wiper problem so many thanks for your advice, it certainly put me in the right direction..:approve:

Richn83
28-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Excellent bit of info parky, spent half the day trying to fix my brothers Alhambra even taken the linkage too pieces and greased the spindles as they are known to seeze. But had no idea that fuse 33 was in any way related to the wipers, the fuse diagram had a picture of a fan!!! :confused:

Robin Vitiello
28-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi Rich,
great that you found my suggestion useful. Apparently there are a lot of these4 'unpublished' solutions. Of course take it to a Seat garage and you are looking at around £100 minimum for them to say hello.
Always useful to cultivate a friendly Seat mechanic.

Regards

Robin