PDA

View Full Version : Emissions lights is on..Whats wrong!!!

jay17
18-04-2008, 09:05 PM
The emissions lights is flashing on my dashboard constantly...car not driving right either!, drives bit sluggish and seems hard for it to pick up speed!
ADVICE PLEASE!

Thank You!

eko
18-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I had a similar problem on my Passat 1.9 tdi 130. I had a split rubber hose on the turbo system (not sure which one). My car at that point was picking up speed very slowly but it was also putting out a lot of black smoke from the exhaust. When you press the accelerator with the bonnet open do you hear the sound of escaping air?

On my partner's car we had the same emissions light on and it turned out to be one of the coils had stopped working. The car was also sluggish.

I hope this is of some use.

Ed

RickT
18-04-2008, 10:07 PM
JAY17 - POSTED..

This is the reason that the user gave:
cheers thanks mate, very helpful because i read somewhere that for a coil to stop workin is common. However, when i do press the accelerator i do hear a sound of escaping air! Also the car when on, is also abit shakey. Very confusing!

Jay17 - I think you pressed "report" rather than reply..

Cheers

Rick

jay17
18-04-2008, 10:08 PM
cheers thanks mate, very helpful because i read somewhere that for a coil to stop workin is common. However, when i do press the accelerator i do hear a sound of escaping air! Also the car when on, is also abit shakey. Very confusing!

eko
18-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Is your car petrol or diesel?

jay17
18-04-2008, 10:33 PM
petrol Golf 1.6SE...also i just turned it on and it seemed alot worse than earlier, alot more shakey and it just about turned on, and all the interior lights started flashing...hmmmm!!!