PDA

View Full Version : Rattle from rear

Jason Burrell
18-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I have a 55 plate 2.0 fsi saloon which delevoped a rattle from the rear parcel shelf/ o/s quater panel area after spending many hours being drive around in the boot i found the problem.
Removing the inner o/s/r boot /wheel arch carpet there is a plastic wire carrier which guides the wiring loom around the rear arch, where it clips in to the metal it was vibrating re packed with a little foam and now nice and quite. The car on whole is very rattle free.:biglaugh:

colintayler
13-05-2008, 11:28 PM
That sounds easy, my creaking parcel shelf only took 74 days in the Dealers to solve. They finally re welded the back shelf & had to get a `special` lubricant from Germany. The original constant sound has gone, but I still get other sounds on certain road surfaces. I`m too exhausted to go back and complain again.
I also get creaks from every other part of the car, depending on temperature and the roughness of road surfaces.
Does anybody remember the VW Golf advert in the American dessert, when a Man & his Partner stop at a garage for a squeek and the garage attendant lubricates the Girls ear rings. What a laugh, I notice they no longer claim such good build quality!