PDA

View Full Version : Audi LongLife Servicing.

alex130tdi
18-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi All - I have a question that Audi have not answered and Id be grateful Ive got an A4 Avant 100 that I asked Audi to put onto a longlife service, my understanding was that it was 20000 or 2 years but after the advised 300 miles of driving the indicator went from --- days ---- miles to 365 days 8700 miles and is now counting down.
Surely (even if I was driving it heavily) it should say 700+ days even if the mileage was right.
I called Audi, Ridgeway Newbury, and the guy was quite abrupt with me and told me it would continue to adjust, but it must be either.
1) they have reset the service indicator for 10K service intervals.
2) they have not put the right oil in
3) its just the way it is and I am overreacting...

Any pointers from the forum before I call Audi in the morning to debate further the service cost me a total of £503 so I am ont happy to be fobbed off.

kimandsally
18-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I would ring again and speak to someone else something doesn't seem right.

alex130tdi
18-04-2008, 09:38 PM
hi KimandSally
thanks for the note, I agree with you and am going to drive in first thing and talk to someone as the dealer is only about 4 miles away and no doubt I will have things to do in town.
Bit of irony here: had a longlife oil change done today at Nationwide Auto centre on my GOLF and they reset the computer to longlife in about 2 seconds and did an inspection service for £62....

kimandsally
18-04-2008, 09:46 PM
hi KimandSally
thanks for the note, I agree with you and am going to drive in first thing and talk to someone as the dealer is only about 4 miles away and no doubt I will have things to do in town.
Bit of irony here: had a longlife oil change done today at Nationwide Auto centre on my GOLF and they reset the computer to longlife in about 2 seconds and did an inspection service for £62....

I "might" be wrong but as far as I'm aware any bonafide garage can now service your car and Audi have to still honor the warranty. But PLEASE make sure I'm right before taking my word for it.