PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.0t gear change problem

ChrisParky
18-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I recently purchased a 2006 a4 2.0t (220) S-line and I am having some problems with the gear shift in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

When the clutch is engadged in these gears the revs rise by about 500 rpm and makes for a poor gear change when dropped into the next gear. I thought this might be down to a dodgy gear change on my part but I have experimented with the accelarator/clutch and it is definatley jumping up the rev range. This behaviour is exacerbated when under heavy acceleration.

Anyone any ideas?

IainP
22-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I read something simlar on audi-sport.net but referring to diesels -
apparently there was a problem with wear so they issued a re-map that changed teh gear shift profile that was applied without owners knowledge at service..............sorry, don't have more info. I have a 2.0T S-Line Special Edition too (07 plate), I don't experience this problem though it has been into the dealers.

craiby
22-04-2008, 11:47 PM
I have posted a similar query with the gear change in my A4 2.0 TDI 170, however I don't experience the rev rise.

I took it to an Audi dealer who gave the car a clean bill of health. I still wasn't happy with the notchy change from 1st, 2nd and 3rd so took it back. The dealer had it for 3 days where during that time they did find a fault.

It is now going in for a week to have it's gear box and clutch changed on warranty.

May be worth having it checked out if its still in warranty.

Cheers.

ChrisParky
24-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. Took my motor into the dealership this morning and they ran their diagnostic tool on it and there is a fault in the clutch switch (not sure what this does) but this is causing the clutch to operate incorrectly, leading to the rise in revs.

Car is still under warranty (just, by about 4 days!) so it is a cash free fix.

Melkor
17-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Can you tell me if this problem is now solved and also if it is a permanent fix?

Thanks

craiby
19-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi, I would say it's a little better between 2nd and 3rd but it's still notchy from 1st to 2nd especially if it's starting cold.

daveb99
19-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Had a similar problem, both rev rise and also notchy change from 1st - 2nd - 3rd.

My dealer replaced the gearbox under warranty, I've only had it back a week but it seems to be OK now, I think the rev rise problem has been sorted too.