PDA

View Full Version : Misfiring Audi A3!!

JACKSON
18-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi,

I own a a 2005 Audi A3 1.6 Petrol SE, which has done 31,000 miles.

About a month it starting shaking and the EMS light started flashing. I promptly took it to my local Audi Dealer who confirmed I had a misfire on Cylinder 4 - they replaced the spark plug on this cylinder and the car was running fine.

In the weeks prior to this, it seemed to be drinking shed loads of Oil and needed topping up regularly (which I did).

Yesterday, I started to experience the same problems again and rang the Audi dealer who fixed the car a month ago. I explained to the service guy there that I was experiencing the same problems again and he told me that it sounded like a spark plug on another cylinder may have gone and that I should ring Audi Roadside assist who will visit me at home and replace the problem spark plug.

The Audi Assistance guy rocks up, runs a few tests and says that it's cylinder number 4 which is AGAIN misfiring. He cleaned the spark plug on this cylinder as it was covered in oil and recommended that I take the car back to the main dealer as it could possibly be a sticking valve. Apparently the plug and lead were OK.

I have booked the car in at Audi next week, but as you can probably tell from the above I know sweet FA about car engines. I have seen a few horror stories on the site and I don't want to be fobbed off by Audi if there is a serious problem.

Therefore, when I drop my car off and explain what the problem is I would really like to have some idea as to the probable causes.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers