PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Audi 200 Electric Windows

Jerry B
18-04-2008, 03:08 AM
All,

We have a nice 1990 Audi 200 but the electric windows are giving me a lot of trouble. One buy one I have used the battery to roll them up and then unplug the controls so they won't get struck down. The only one that has been reliable was the drivers door unitl now. It is down and before just unhooking it I would like to ask for help. When I press the up button for the drivers door it sounds like there might be a relay under the dash but I am unsure. I have verified that all of the fuses are ok but do not where to turn. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help,

New to the community, Jerry B.:biglaugh:

jabbahutt
24-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Jerry ,

THere is indeed a large relay under the dash ( it's 3 relays in one) drivers side and I had similar problems with my previous Audi a 1990 Audi 90 . I've still got my old broken one 443959257 (285) Siemens . Try the Breakers in Melksham vwaudibreakers as these things are notorious for failing . They are reliable and post out quickly . With luck you'll get a later version of the relay which is more reliable . My windows used to have a mind of their own till I changed it. Explain the problem to them before purchasing , just to be sure.

Good Luck

Malcolm

Jerry B
24-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Malcolm,
Thank you for your reply. I am not sure what is being said in your comment "Try the Breakers in Melksham vwaudibreakers" Would you please explain further in that I am not familar with these terms.
Thank you very much!
Jerry

jabbahutt
24-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Jerry ,

It was a pointer to a website , but please see below

www.vwaudibreakers.co.uk
Station Yard, Melksham - +44 1225 792900

I've dealt with them before and they are very helpful

Regards

Malcolm

Jerry B
24-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Malcolm,
I attempted to call them but it might be in the evening there. Anyway, do know if there is a way to roll up the window without the use of the electric motor?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Jerry