PDA

View Full Version : Golf MK5 Electric window Sync

jimmymac
17-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know how to turn off electric window sync on Golf MK5??

When the drivers mirror is adjusted the passenger mirror also adjusts didn't do this before.

No info in the cars manual.

Golf GTTDI MK5

Theresias
17-04-2008, 09:39 PM
The central electronics coding is your friend.

LeFrog
18-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Don't want to teach you to suck eggs but although the sync of the mirrors can be turned off with vagcom it is quite a useful feature. If you first adjust the drivers mirror to exactly how you want it, then switch to the passeger mirror and make any necessary adjustments to it (which will adjust without affecting the drivers mirror). You now have both mirrors exactly how you want them. The clever bit is that if you now want to reverse and see the kerbs or anything else that is low if you have the adjuster set to the drivers side and lower the mirror, both mirrows lower the same amount and similarly will both raise back to their original positions. Also if another driver (wife etc) gets in and because of seat position adjusts the mirrors in / out (or down / up) as long as adjustment is done with switch to drivers side, because of the sync, both mirrors will go out or both in. Which in theory should mean when you get back in it is very simple to return them to your prefered position.

Sorry for the essay but try it on the car it is very easy!!!

jimmymac
18-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Le Frog,

Thanks for your reply, but how do I turn the sync mode off and on, it doesn't say in the manual??

LeFrog
19-04-2008, 01:32 PM
In my B6 Passat it is as Sebastian says above part of the Central Electronics Coding. Using VAGCOM's very useful long code helper you can turn on and off various functions (as long as they exist on the car). Unless you know and use VAGCOM software with the correct cable (or know someone nearby who can) I think your only other option is to find out what your dealer will charge to change this option!
You don't mention your location are you anywhere near Kent?

nigel_f
20-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Have you tried Setup on the dashboard display? You access it using the buttons on the windscreen wiper lever or on the steering wheel if you have multifunction.