PDA

View Full Version : converting headlamps on Avant to European regs

yardheater
14-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Hi, I just joined and need some advice on whether I can convert rhd headlamp beams to lhd to drive in Poland (where I have moved to). Audi here have said I have to change the lamp housing all together and charge me a fortune for the privilege, but I am sure there is another way. Please help me save some time and money. Had to change them for UK when I brought the car back from Turkey so don't want to have to buy yet another set of lights.

Thanks

RickT
23-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Hi there

it can not be done useless you have HID's on the B6..

You will after get a replacement for LHD.. unless you just want to run them on a low setting...however if your living there you will have to sort them

Cheers

RickT

Dave Avant
23-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I thought all 'projector' type headlights had a lever which is basically 'flipped' and it angles the beam to the right. This was the case on my MG ZT and the Hymer motorhome.

RickT
23-12-2006, 03:15 PM
well i had the headlights out and tried to do it.. even tried taking the housing out and outting it in the other way... would not work...

As i said this can be done on the ones with HID's tho.

Cheers

RickT

Dave Avant
23-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Just checked, as you say, only Xenons have the lever. the rest need the plastic deflector sticker.