PDA

View Full Version : lowering mi audi a3

joeauk
17-04-2008, 04:35 PM
hi all im new to the site so first of all hi and second of all i need your help lol
i have a 1999 1.6 audi a3 3door and i have bought some deep dish 19" alloys for it i was wondering when they arive and i fit them i dont want the car to sit to hight so how much could i lower it bi with the 19s on i want it so the tyres are just sitting inside the arches if you know wot i mean lol ne help would be great cheers

TheEggShell
18-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Joeauk,

Being able to have the wheels sitting inside the arches will depend on the offset of the wheels you have bought and whether they are spaced or not.

As for lowering it, I'm not sure on how much you will be able to drop it. Again, it depends on things like depth of tyres, whether or not you want to roll the wheel arches, if you don't mind them rubbing on a full lock, etc...

loki
23-07-2008, 02:22 PM
You could get 40mm quite comfortably (presuming low profile tyres) and you wouldn't suffer from the wheels rubbing.

a3_sunderland
26-07-2008, 09:30 AM
i have 19" rs4 wheels on n its droppped 40 a think or mebby more it was already lowered when i got it ...its got 215 35 r19 on and dont rud at all
even on full lock ......if thts any help:beerchug: