PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket radio

jaydeee
17-04-2008, 04:17 PM
The wifeys golf has a jvc stereo fitted and reception is very poor.Am i right to think that the roof aerial is powered from the original vw head unit ?

lavelle,no1
24-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi There I Am Having The Same Problem I Havent Listened To The Radio For Weeks I Was Told That It Was A Dodgy Earth But Dont Know How True That Could Be, I Even Bought A New Ariel But No Change.

lavelle,no1
27-04-2008, 09:24 PM
hi there again, just to let you know that ive found out that you are correct in thinking the original head unit powers the ariel, what i did to fix the problem was buy an ariel amplifier from my local car stereo/alarm shop it cost me £5.50 i have also seen them in halfords for the same price. it was a doddle to fit you cant go wrong, it involves taking out your head unit and plugging the amplifier to the ariel connections on the car and head unit then the blue wire that comes off the amp needs connecting to the remote wire that comes off the back of your head unit, this is usually blue in colour too with a white stripe running along the length. i fitted this yesterday and hey presto! i can now even pick up stations which i have never even heard of, hope this helps.:beerchug:

jaydeee
27-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Great i will have to make a trip to local car audio shop then.thanks