PDA

View Full Version : Replacing broken ariel a4 avant with a new shark fin unit

ADIDASSLERPIERR
17-04-2008, 12:25 PM
:beerchug:Good afternoon friends could anybody please assist me?
some of the localkids have decided to break the ariel on my avant 1.9tdi it was broken at the tread and after failing to get the remainder of the thread out I have purchased a small shark fin unit....it seems quite straight forward but after removing the nut which holds the base I was not able to extract the cable due to a connector which is still attached to the cable....does anybody know the process on how I am able to take the cable out and replace the faulty unit with the new SharkFin unit any input would be appreciated :1zhelp:

mak30176
13-05-2008, 06:32 PM
hi,i have just bought one of them shark fin ariels to fit on my mk4 golf but dont no how to remove the old one. Do you have to remove the headliner
or is it all done from outside?.
Any help would be helpfull.
mark.:confused:

S3 beast
26-05-2012, 09:26 PM
hi,i have just bought one of them shark fin ariels to fit on my mk4 golf but dont no how to remove the old one. Do you have to remove the headliner
or is it all done from outside?.
Any help would be helpfull.
mark.:confused:

did you have any luck fitting the shark fin? did you end up having to remove the roof lining and also if youve replaced it, was it easy enough to change, ie.. did it fit straight in without any meddling?