PDA

View Full Version : Alloy repairs

richieb123
16-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Has anyone ever had this done? I need some questions answered.

Would be really pleased if anyone could help me.

Thanks

Rich

cmcb a3
17-04-2008, 08:22 PM
i had mine done by auto image in edinburgh, they were really good as they gave me a loan set of wheels while my own ones were getting refurbished. they took 4 days and looked like new when i got them back.If you get in done make sure the people who do the work take the tyre off of the wheel and do the inside and outside of the wheel. mine look great now. hope this helps. I dont know where you are located but most body shops/painters will know somewhere local that will do it for you

naughts4187
21-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Your S Line wheels are easy peasy to repair being a solid paint.
Just a tip, make sure you have both wheels on each sides done if your having a repair, or get all 4 done at the same time. It is very difficult to get that perfect match with the S-Line wheels unless your willing to spend stupid amounts with someone...but it's just not worth it.

Your dealer will obviously charge £45 per wheel but they probably just get someone in.

Try looking in the yellow pages.

Trimline are good - based in Yorkshire but they do loads of dealerships. Look for about £100 for all 4 wheels...

All they will do is pop the tyre off the rim slightly and pad it with card round the edge so they won't spray the tyre..
havin the insides done isnt very necessary for a repair, but if you want to change colour then obviously so.

Matt

TheEggShell
22-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I had a set of split rimmed alloys on my last car and I refurbed the outer rims myself as the lacquer had blown and they were starting to look tired.

Nitromoors the existing lacquer off, sand the wheel with wet and dry going from fairly course to very fine and finally respray with a good wheel lacquer.

I must admit though, I wouldn't do the whole wheel. Instead I'd look for somewhere that does powdercoating as this will give your wheels a really durable finish but expect to pay £50 a corner!