PDA

View Full Version : A8 (07) Bluetooth Compatibility with BB8800

crapgit
16-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Can anyone tell me whether it is correct that I can't get my Blackberry 8800 to function in my A8. Seems crazy in this day and age but then this is a crazy world. The Audi dealer advised that Audi have a problem with Blackberrys.
Thanks
Ed

Harry_Boy
06-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Interesting point... Using a Nokia 6500c which interfaces seamlessly, and even includes a text message display on the MMI. Ideal for directory enquiry messages, as you can even use the MMI to extract the relevant phone number from the message.

Got three different Berrys (including an 8800), so will try in the next few days...

a8 tech
06-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Can anyone tell me whether it is correct that I can't get my Blackberry 8800 to function in my A8. Seems crazy in this day and age but then this is a crazy world. The Audi dealer advised that Audi have a problem with Blackberrys.
Thanks
Edcheck your software version for phone prep,if your running 0700 then get the dealer to update to 950 which may allow pairing,also check for any firmware updates for your phone:beerchug:

crapgit
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
check your software version for phone prep,if your running 0700 then get the dealer to update to 950 which may allow pairing,also check for any firmware updates for your phone:beerchug:

Thanks very much. How do i check the software version?

a8 tech
03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Select radio then press and hold down set up and return until the mmi screen changes to the update screen (10 seconds).Then select the first item (interface box)and this will display the sw version for the control panel,for the latest phone prep version you need to be running sw version 4220/5150

crapgit
13-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Select radio then press and hold down set up and return until the mmi screen changes to the update screen (10 seconds).Then select the first item (interface box)and this will display the sw version for the control panel,for the latest phone prep version you need to be running sw version 4220/5150

I looked on the blackberry website and found a solution to use the phone function only by turning off the address book transfer on the phone. Not ideal but getting there.

sbuk73
10-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi Guys, as there seems to already be an existing chat going on here about Bluetooth and MMI I thought I'd throw in my question aswell :) .....

I have just bought an A8 with the MMI, its my first encounter of the MMI and on the surface it all looks pretty cool. I have a Nokia E51 which I can pair to the MMI but the only interaction I get with the MMI is by using the keypad on my handset so I can make calls etc, receive calls etc but on the MMI screen is typically shows for calls going out that they are listed as UNKNOWN etc.

I read a few threads in various places talking about installing some DOWNLOAD CONTACTS app from the Nokia site etc ... having done all that it still doesnt work or in fact my MMI refuses to acknowledge any contact info from the phone itself when using the MMI interface. So the burning question is, how do I get the contacts to sync over to MMI. I will look into what software version of phone is running, my car is otherwise a 2006 model.

a8 tech
10-07-2008, 10:19 AM
e51 isnt compatable for phone book