PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

richieb123
16-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Okay I've bought an ex demo A3 registered in Jan 08 with 2000 miles on the clock.

My problem is the car was in mint condition in and out and when we looked round the car there was a small scuff in the one alloy. The sales rep turned round and said ignore that we'll have it fixed for you and you won't even be able to tell. To me horror I washed the car for the first time last weekend and noticed one of the four alloys had a rubbish matt texture to it and the muck and brake dust didn't glide off like it did on the others.

This obviously pi**d me off a little as 22K for a car is a hell of a lot of money to someone on my income! :mad:

It seems to me that they have had a mobile repair company out and there isn't a laquer on the alloy. The most annoying part is that if I had known I would have told them to leave it alone rather than have a wheel thats a different colour!

I have made a complaint to the garage and they have told me to bring it in to the garage in two weeks when they can get the repair people back again. My argument to this is how do I know that they won't just do the same rubbish job again.

I would be happier if they just replaced the one alloy.

Does anyone on here know of the quality of the work these mobile wheel repair companys set? Would I be better taking the matter further with a formal letter of complaint to the dealership.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Ben
16-04-2008, 08:42 PM
take it back to the dealers.

prolfe
20-04-2008, 09:14 PM
22k?!!

what model is it?

richieb123
21-04-2008, 12:47 PM
170 S-Line Sportback, bought it with 2k on the clock.

It was a demo car so it had the rear sensors, blacked out rear, Bose uprgade full leather e.t.c.

Wrote a massive letter of complaint to the dealership and they are dropping a courtesy car off apparently whilst they re-fix my wheel. I've insisted on a new one but they said they want to get the wheel people to have another try and if im still unhappy they will replace it.

I'll see what happens.

prolfe
21-04-2008, 05:45 PM
22k seemed a lot of money for one that had 2000 miles on the clock.

For £21886 you could of got a brand new one with the options you stated.

Still, lovely car though. And the engine.... L O T S........O F........S M I L E S

TheEggShell
22-04-2008, 08:50 AM
I'd definitely push for a new wheel mate, it would have to be a really good refurb to be matched in perfectly with the other wheels!

richieb123
22-04-2008, 09:18 AM
22k seemed a lot of money for one that had 2000 miles on the clock.

For £21886 you could of got a brand new one with the options you stated.

Still, lovely car though. And the engine.... L O T S........O F........S M I L E S

Your post did get me a little concerned but it does seem to be the list price at most dealerships. I had the iPod kit and Bluetooth handsfree all in as standard too. Which could explain the extra cost.

The car is on lease, so I haven't paid the full amount anyway.

Agree on the engine though. ;)

richieb123
22-04-2008, 09:21 AM
I'd definitely push for a new wheel mate, it would have to be a really good refurb to be matched in perfectly with the other wheels!

Hi Egg Shell

Yeah im pushing for one, the dealership are offering another re-spray which I said I don't want. Im thinking of going to Audi UK now as they have promised a call back yesterday and guess what it didn't happen again... :mad:

TheEggShell
22-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Good luck mate, I'm sure if you keep pushing you'll get a new wheel!

richieb123
22-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Good luck mate, I'm sure if you keep pushing you'll get a new wheel!

Thanks I think I need it, they don't seem to want to budge!

I've just written to Audi UK head office with a letter and copy of my letter to the dealership.

Really crap customer service from the dealership.

prolfe
22-04-2008, 06:54 PM
The price I quoted was from drivethedeal.co.uk and Audi would of matched it.

Your car would of owed them more originally that's why they sell it as a demonstrator at the price you paid.

They would of matched DTD and you could of still been on a lease/PCP.

A thought for next time maybe.

richieb123
22-04-2008, 09:51 PM
The price I quoted was from drivethedeal.co.uk and Audi would of matched it.

Your car would of owed them more originally that's why they sell it as a demonstrator at the price you paid.

They would of matched DTD and you could of still been on a lease/PCP.

A thought for next time maybe.

I kind of wished I had bought the car brand new but I could of gone on forever looking for one! Thanks for the info.