PDA

View Full Version : vag- com abs bleed mode

cavanagh81
15-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi , im having problems bleeding brake system after fitting abs pump, been told i need to put into bleed mode, i have vag-com software and cable, does anybody know to set up, thanks.

ive tried pressure bleeding system with easibleed kit but still no joy.

Uwe@Ross-Tech
16-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Need details about your car (Make, Model, Year, ABS type). Data shown by VC when you access the ABS module would be very helpful too.

-Uwe-

cavanagh81
16-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi thanks for the help,

its an AUDI A3 1.8SE, 1997 R reg
heres what i got when connected,

Vag No. 1 JO 907 379 E
Component. ABS/EDS 20 IE CAN 0001
Soft Coding. 13504
Shop WSC 06435

Uwe@Ross-Tech
18-04-2008, 05:50 PM
On the Teves Mk.20, I believe this is done in Basic Settings, Group 001, but I STRONGLY advise you to read a repair manual first as the procedure is somewhat involved and is best done with the car on a lift, and I believe it will require two people to perform correctly.

-Uwe-

ksmx
19-04-2008, 10:07 AM
On the Teves Mk.20, I believe this is done in Basic Settings, Group 001, but I STRONGLY advise you to read a repair manual first as the procedure is somewhat involved and is best done with the car on a lift, and I believe it will require two people to perform correctly.

-Uwe-

Hi, so this ABS bleed mode is a whole routine for brakes bleeding, right? If I would run it I wouldn't be able to stop it until going through all the steps. Am I correct?
For example I have audi A6/C4 2.5 TDi. I already did a normal like brakes bleeding but without success I suppose. The brake pedal is still spongy. The ignition was off during bleeding so I think it has something to do with the ABS pump.
Can I just ask someone to bleed my ABS pump by VAG only? Do I have to perform brakes bleeding during this vag procedure?
Thanks,
Kosma

Uwe@Ross-Tech
19-04-2008, 03:32 PM
A C4/A6 certainly doesn't have a Teves Mk.20 ABS system. I can't research what is needed on that car w/o knowing exactly what kind of ABS system is in it, which means you'd have to post info like cavanagh81 did.

-Uwe-

Uwe@Ross-Tech
19-04-2008, 03:38 PM
PS: There's also the poor man's ABS pump bleeding technique:

Find a gravel road (or other poor-traction surface*). Accelerate to whatever speed you dare. Apply the brakes HARD (so that the ABS engages). This should open the various valves and run the pump. Repeat a few times. No guarantees, but this may get you the desired results.

-Uwe-

* Your neighbor's lawn is probably not an appropriate choice. ;-)

sideeffect84
03-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi not to hijack this thread but im interested in this method as i just bought a golf 1998 and the previous owner changed the rear caliper and since then the braking has been very bad, cant do an emergency stop or stop very well on hills... he's bleed the brakes numerous times (pressure systems not with any kind of computer) do you think that this could be the problem?

Thanks!