PDA

View Full Version : A6 flooded footwell

john493
13-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi, got a 1996 A6 1.9 TDI Avant - after some serious rainfall in the lake district, the passenger front and rear footwells are flooded. Seen the posts about pollen filters but my car does not have any pollen filter (does have aircon though).
Looking under the bonnet by the heater blower motor, I can't see any drain holes. Does anyone know where the bulkhead drain holes are on this model please (it's the facelifted Audi 100 shape car).

Any other ideas ?

Many thanks,

John

bioboy
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Try looking under your battery for the drain hole.

SlipSlidinAwa
15-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi, got a 1996 A6 1.9 TDI Avant - after some serious rainfall in the lake district, the passenger front and rear footwells are flooded. Seen the posts about pollen filters but my car does not have any pollen filter (does have aircon though).
Looking under the bonnet by the heater blower motor, I can't see any drain holes. Does anyone know where the bulkhead drain holes are on this model please (it's the facelifted Audi 100 shape car).

Any other ideas ?

Many thanks,

John

I had the same problem with my A6 1996 1.8SE Auto Estate due to leaves blocking the drain hole under the blower so water got blown iinto the car. Poke a around in the pool of water with a wire caot hanger should fix it.