PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have one of these?

m2001
15-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi, i'm kinda new here but have been reading the boards for a while now

i took a second hand one of these for a test drive today, 2litre TDI (140PS) Stylance with the sport package and thought it was a brilliant car, also drove the reference sport leon which is what i initially went there for but have changed my mind to this now and am thinking i'll get this over the golf plus

has anyone got any experience with these? or got one? i'd love to know how you find it? i'm assuming the lack of posts in this section means they either dont sell many or they are fairly reliable

thanks in advance

CrispDust
16-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Head over to Seatcupra forum. There is more of us Altea drivers there.

Sam
17-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Welcome aboard

Or stay here and wait for some opinions :(

stuart
17-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I have a 2006 Leon 2.0 TFSi ... love the car... I havd the old shape Leon prior to that, and I think this is a far nicer car to drive.

m2001
07-05-2008, 07:46 PM
i've had a good read round the seatcupra forums, again there's not much info about these but there is enough to get a pretty good idea of how good they are

fuel consumption seems to be people's biggest complaint, not really something i'm all that bothered about to be honest, other thing is wind noise? dont think that'll be a problem for me to fix either, not that i recall the car having any when i drove it

biggraham
07-07-2008, 10:54 AM
HI

Sorry for late reply, I have just joined and found your post.

I have had an Altea 2.0 TDI Sport for 2 years and must say that it has been fantastic.

No problems and returning (according to onboard computer) just over 50 mpg with a mixture of town and urban driving and I do have a VERY heavy right foot.
If I take it a bit slower, or put it another way if my wife is in the car I can increase the mpg up to the high 50's.

I originally was going for a 1.9 diesel for the better fuel economy but I am very happy with the 2.0 and will def buy another 2.0TDI Altea.

One last point about wind noise, my Altea did suffer from a slight noise from the drivers door at higher speeds, I mentioned this to the dealer who said it was a 'characteristic' :dunno: of the Altea, but whatever they did it resolved it.

m2001
07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
thats ok, thanks for your input

well since posting on here i have bought a 2.0 TDI sport version on a 05 plate, that came with the optional extras of rear parking sensors and heated front seats

to me its brilliant, has tons of room and grunt for when you need to overtake but as you say the fuel takes a big hit when i do that

i found that cruising on the motorway for ~80 miles at 60ish i can get 70mpg according to the computer, not sure on the accuracy of that but its usually in the mid 50's around town and on the motorway which for a car of its size is impressive

the ride is a little harsh but i think most of that is due to the **** poor quality of the roads where i live and the road/wind noise is not something i have encountered just yet

biggraham
07-07-2008, 12:30 PM
cruising on the motorway for ~80 miles at 60ish

I really must start doing that to save fuel, as I said I have heavy right foot and I would just be changing in to 6th at that point :Blush2:

I am glad you bought the Altea and enjoy it.

The suspension will be a bitter stiffer because it is the sport model you have bought the same as myself, it is softer on other versions, but as you say the state of the roads doesn't help either.

I am thinking of getting mine remaped, not to make it faster you understand but to help the fuel economy :biglaugh:

m2001
14-07-2008, 10:33 PM
it is easy to go a bit OTT with the accelerator, especially in the lower gears ;)

i've been thinking of the remaps, i reckon the extra grunt would make overtaking even more effortless on the motorway and the car a bit more lively but seeing as i'm only 21 i dont think the insurance company will be too happy about me upping the power so i think that'll come next year

i have a pretty mixed style of driving but i've still averaged just under 48mpg from my last fill up, most of that was spent on the motorway at 70-75 so wasn't expecting anything spectacular