PDA

View Full Version : after a corrado what should i look for

markbob917
15-04-2008, 07:27 PM
im thinking of getting a corrado, what should i be looking for? im not after a VR6 as the insurance and fuel costs dont permit :mad: so im not sure what to go for.
what year was the best? what sort of mileage is ok? what should i be wary of?
im looking to spend around 3k depending on what i will get for my own car

Robin K-S
15-04-2008, 08:21 PM
For £3k you should get a belter.
Unsure of best years, but upto '92 they were 1.8 16v KR engine, then they changed to the slightly slower 2.0 16v 9A lump, easy fix if you do get the 2.0 is to fit the KR cams & inlet manifold as its bigger & the cam profiles are better.
Things to look out for are electrics eg sunroof tilts & slides, MFA computer working & active spoiler works.
Try to get one with the Lupo wiper conversion, if you can't then do this conversion before it rains, as the wipers are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Pistonheads.com is a good place to have a look, we've got 1 up for sale at the moment, but we're miles away in Kent & I think you're after something better than ours.
Good luck
Robin

markbob917
16-04-2008, 08:34 AM
is the lupo wiper conversion easy to do?

Robin K-S
16-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I got mine from a shop on Ebay, just search for corrado aero wipers (they're Lupo 1's), they're about £75, which is cheaper than the £100 from a dealer & they're a straight swap. Just mark where the originals sit, then unbolt them & bolt the new 1's on, 10 mins or so.
Robin

Robin K-S
16-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Have a look at this thread http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9637