PDA

View Full Version : New Audi Owner

harpersimon
15-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi all
Proud owner of 1998 A8 2.8 - and its lush

couple of niggles I have posted about.. glad to be here and hoping to gain knowledge and help out. Interested in meets, advice and .. general stuff. work in F1 so know my fast cars :-)
Thanks

paul b
15-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I'm a huge F1 fan, would it be too cheeky of me to ask who you work for any what you do.

Nice car too, but obviously I'm biassed! :D

Paul

mluton
15-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the forum

harpersimon
16-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Hello all again. Thanks for the welcome's - looks like there are lots of new people on here nearly every day! Hoping someone can answer my posts about the car.
Paul b - Honda - could tell you what I do but would have to kill you :-)

Ben
16-04-2008, 08:51 PM
welcome to the forum.

I'll offer myself as a sacrifice to find out exactly what you do:D

paul b
16-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Hello all again. Thanks for the welcome's - looks like there are lots of new people on here nearly every day! Hoping someone can answer my posts about the car.
Paul b - Honda - could tell you what I do but would have to kill you :-)

Awww man!

welcome to the forum.

I'll offer myself as a sacrifice to find out exactly what you do:D

Saves me a job then... :D

Paul

harpersimon
17-04-2008, 07:41 PM
hahaha its ok you are all safe.
Technical stuff - in a nutshell - fairly broad spectrum but tap alot of keys for a living. - nothing too special. More interested in the fast car aspect of it than my actual job!! Just p***ed I don't drive it just watch it go round.

Wish people answered the questions on my lovely car as quick :-) but a pleasure to make your aquaintences..

paul b
17-04-2008, 10:41 PM
hahaha its ok you are all safe.
Technical stuff - in a nutshell - fairly broad spectrum but tap alot of keys for a living. - nothing too special. More interested in the fast car aspect of it than my actual job!! Just p***ed I don't drive it just watch it go round.

Wish people answered the questions on my lovely car as quick :-) but a pleasure to make your aquaintences..
Technical stuff- Come on what's the real title! I know F1 too well for wifey's liking.

Paul

(P.S. put a reply on your brake pad thing, I don't normally check the A8 section!

harpersimon
18-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi guys (thanks for Brakes reply Paul - doesn't look too hard I must admit and found some links with pictures about removing them aswell. so all good.)
Not entirely sure what I do for Honda is relevant or makes too much difference to the Audi.. suffice to say I work for them I think.
If has to do with computers and communications and stuff - you can make the job title up , most of the people here do :-)

mluton
18-04-2008, 10:44 AM
This will help, its not for the A8, but it helped me loads on me doing my brakes
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179518