PDA

View Full Version : Sat nav

purescotch
15-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi folks ,

new to the forum so be gentle.lol i have a treg sport and wondering how i get a much cheapness sat nav cd so i can have the latest version!

cheers

David:Blush:

dickymint
15-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I have a Touareg with sat nav, a 2004 2.5 and still with the original disc with the sat nav. Try an internet search for Teleatlas, who I believe produce them; I was told by my VW dealer it would be cheaper than ordering one through them. General feeling on www.mytreg.co.uk (http://www.mytreg.co.uk) is that the sat nav on my 2004 vehicle is not too good,so I personally haven't updated, not that I use it much in any case. Let us know how you get on.

dickymint
15-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Oops...done it again. It should be www.mytreg.com.

purescotch
16-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the reply...i went to the blaupunkt site and found some throo that.....might forget about it,lol..due to the price o the things!!!!

saw one on ebay at 60 quid,but probably a copy and might not play.i have the 05/06 version,so surely gordon broon and his mates haven't changed the roads too much since then!!!

The treg is going to the doctors tomorrow for an airbag light....to be put out,any probs with these that you've heard of?

cheers

Davy

dickymint
16-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Have had very few minor problems only, certainly nothing re airbags. Had wedges for the 'sinking' manually adjusted seats, updated tailgate seal, replacement front cupholder (one of the springy things fell off), and the 90D7 updates. All done under warranty. Still on original brake pads after 43k but fronts getting low so have obtained replacements which I will fit myself when necessary. Was ex demo model (R5, 54 reg) and have had 1 service so far using oil supplied by myself-half the price that VW charge and the correct grade 0w-30. Tyres replaced at 36k in August 07. Thats the lot apart from a couple of wiper blades and having a detacable towbar fitted(not VW but £600 cheaper). Well pleased.

Hope yours similar. Let me know how you get on.

MJED
07-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi folks ,

new to the forum so be gentle.lol i have a treg sport and wondering how i get a much cheapness sat nav cd so i can have the latest version!

cheers

David:Blush:

Hi David

I have a genuine Volkswagen DVD Navigation disc (V3) that I would like to sell if that is of any use to you. PM me for details.

Mark.