PDA

View Full Version : LT35 - Hazards lights not working

Felixthefoccer
15-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi all,

I've got a 2000 X reg 2.5 LT35 van, all the indicators work fine and flash correctly as they should etc ... but when I press the hazard lights switch on .. the green indicator light on the dash stays permanently on .... and no flashing lights (or any light) at all at the indicators :(

Not being electrically minded, is this probably just the Hazard lights relay?

Do the hazards have their own flasher relay separate fron the normal indicators etc???

Sorry if this is a daft question but hopefully someone might know the answer.

Thanks in advance,

Felix

kenney
15-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi From what i can make out of the wiring diagram there is only the one relay

Felixthefoccer
15-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks Kenney.

Any more ideas gratefully received .. :1zhelp:

kenney
15-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi I would think it was the hazard switch that was at fault

Felixthefoccer
15-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks again Kenney.

Tried to take the switch off and see any obvious problems but I only got as far as taking the top plastic shroud off. :o

How do I change the switch? (or at least get at the old one properly to check it out / change it etc).

Do I have to take the steering wheel off first etc?

Apologies if there are any 'How to' threads that I've missed or/and if I'm being a complete numpty too! :1zhelp:

kenney
15-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Try this, and see what happens to make sure, it is the switch,press gently on the hazard switch increasing the pressure and juggle a bit with the indicator at the same time (with the ignition off)if the hazard lights work then send your e-mail address and i will send you the info how to remove the switch

Felixthefoccer
16-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks Kenney, although still no joy ..

I tried like you said, gentle and jggling the indicators etc ... indicators all fine but as soon as you press the hazards switch down, the green light on the dash just stays on and the indicators stop working etc ... :(

If it IS the swtch, do you know what's entailed in replacing it etc?

Thanks in advance.

kenney
16-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi the hazard switch is part of the combi switch i.e wiper,indicator switch, you will have to remove the airbag, and steering wheel. Rather than tell you to go ahead and replace it i would try first replacing the relay,there is always a possibility it works with the indicators but when put under full load it fails,it does not cost very much, unless you can get the loan of one just to try it.