PDA

View Full Version : Altea Freetrack vs RAV4 etc....

Randallfish
14-04-2008, 11:00 PM
hi all, I have been looking to replace my old Bora for some time now as I am clocking up a few work miles these days and wanted a bit more room for my family (only 3 of us so far).

I really fancied an SUV so I have spent the last 6 months looking at practically everything!

I would love a Tiguan (the 170ps Tdi SE would do nicely) but are too expensive and I would prefer a 2nd hand / nearly new to avoid the instant depreciation hit.

So I had narrowed the search and the RAV4 ticked most boxes until I stumbled on the Altea Freetrack, I had one on a 24hr test and my family loved it. The handling was superb and it was a fun car to drive. It is not a pure SUV but probably a rival to the likes of the Skoda Scout / Subaru Forester etc.

Anyhow, I am close to taking the plunge but have not heard great things about the SEAT dealerships and servicing, and I have seen feedback questioniong the overall build quality, whereas Toyota seem to be at the top of most charts for these important matters.:confused:

Any feedback from existing SEAT owners and even better if you have a Freetrack what is your experience so far.:1zhelp:

freetrack17400
06-03-2011, 06:38 PM
whereas Toyota seem to be at the top of most charts for these important matters

:confused: I don't think the several million owners who's vehicles have been recalled due to design and build faults would agree with that statement, nor the Prius owners left with no brakes or accelerators being jammed by ill fitting genuine carpet mats ( that Toyota tried desperately to cover up for years ! )

See : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%932011_Toyota_vehicle_recalls

My Freetrack Tdi 170 is a great car, has had one fault in 3 years and 30,000 miles with a fuel sensor failing ( replaced under warranty after bringing up a warning light on dash ) and the service from dealers has always been excellent .:D

Of course, if you wear elasticated waist trousers and jackets with patches on the elbows then a Toyota might be more your thing :naughty: