PDA

View Full Version : NEW polo fuel TDI economy poor?

DanT
14-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi all.

I've recently purcahsed a diesel polo that was meant to be great on fuel economy but mine is awful.

It is supposed to get about 600 miles to a tank and I'm getting 397 as the fuel light comes on. The car only has 900 miles on in total but I still think it is way out!

Can anyone explain this, and should I take it back to the dealership?

Thanks

Dan

frankk
20-04-2008, 08:18 PM
I consistently get around 500 miles per tankfull. Usually 40 litres to refill. Your engine is still tight it will loosen up and fuel consumption will improve.
The new oils take longer for an engine to bed in as there is less wear.
Frank.

little dragon
11-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi all.

I've recently purcahsed a diesel polo that was meant to be great on fuel economy but mine is awful.

It is supposed to get about 600 miles to a tank and I'm getting 397 as the fuel light comes on. The car only has 900 miles on in total but I still think it is way out!

Can anyone explain this, and should I take it back to the dealership?

Thanks

Dan

what model is your polo? 1.4 tdi 3cyl??

petesims
04-06-2008, 07:15 PM
no its fine, ive had mine from new, it is a 1.4 3cyl model and it only did 320 miles on a tank for the first 10-15k miles as it takes about 20k for a tdi engine to fully run in(i know this as i used to work for vwaudi) after that sort of miles expect to get about 60-70mpg out of it. so dont worry yours is fine

Fourbears
06-06-2008, 11:38 PM
I agree with petesims. My sons new Polo TDi is doing similar to yours but now its got over 2k on it, its gradually getting better. He and I thought there was something wrong but when I checked my new Touran TDi mpg against my old one, it was well down. Just as I've hit 2k in it, its gradually improving too. Can almost get 500 miles out of a tank now as opposed to under 400. My old Touran had 17k and I'd get nearly 700 miles from a tank so bear with it.