PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about TTs please...

LisaDJ
13-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I have posted in the newbie forum but I will post in here too.
I'm a prospective Audi owner, currently driving 98 Ford Puma, looking to get either a TT Roadster (preferably) or A4 Cabriolet - hopefully 03 or newer.

Honest opinions and information about either car would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

soprano29
14-04-2008, 09:41 AM
The Style Choice Is Up To You.. You Either Like The Tt Looks Or The A4 Cab Looks.. All I Can Say Though Is Whichever You Decide To Buy, Get The Most Powerful Engine You Can Get Because The Cab Models Are Always Heavier Than Hardtop Versions(extra Strengthening In Floor) And Require That Extra Bit Of Ooomff!!
The A4 Is Available In 3litre Diesel Which Is Good And The Tt Is Available In 225bhp Form

LisaDJ
14-04-2008, 07:15 PM
My friend thinks that I'd be making a mistake going for the soft top version, does anyone agree? He says its not as safe, worse handling, less secure... I think they look nicer.

I can't decide between the 2 cars, I think I might have to test drive them both. :confused:

Moro Anis
14-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I bought my TT 2 months ago and it is brilliant. The quality, finish. performance and handling are superb. I'd definately have another.

I wanted a softtop originally but was put off by the security aspect and the additional worry but that is just my opinion. I've had convertibles before with no problems. I kept an open mind on all engine sizes and kept looking and after a couple of different test drives of bought a 180 Quattro but was very tempted by the 3.2.

I've since read (and I'm sure others may disagree) that the 180 quattro is the best all rounder. They say the 225 is a driver's car, loves to be driven but can be a bit twitchy. The 3.2 is awesome but thirsty.

They do make a 150 roadster which is possibly cheaper to run and insure. It is cheaper to buy but then maybe more difficult to trade.

The roadster doesn't have any back seats but the coupe is a 2+2 and you can get someone in the back if you have to but I don't think they would put up with it for long.

What ever you get I hope you enjoy it.

LisaDJ
14-04-2008, 08:50 PM

I may have to be patient and wait until September as that is when I'm due a payrise but we'll see how it goes. I'll definitely be around if/when (and hopefully when) I do buy! :biglaugh:

pinkypam
22-04-2008, 07:23 PM

I may have to be patient and wait until September as that is when I'm due a payrise but we'll see how it goes. I'll definitely be around if/when (and hopefully when) I do buy! :biglaugh:

i've had a tt hardtop for 6 months and its fantastic it's the 180 the only problem is it drinks more than the 2lt vectra i had before but the drive is worth it. i looked at the soft top but having the 2 seats in the back of the coupe as come in handy.

LisaDJ
22-04-2008, 09:18 PM
:DThanks

T3RBO
06-07-2008, 11:10 PM
On my third 225 TT Coupe and can't recommend them highly enough

Never heard of them being 'twitchy' before in my life but with the 4wd of the quattro, esp and every other conceivable extra you would be mad not to get one ;)

audipersempre
08-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Done both for my partner. 2001 TT roadster 180 and now have a 2002 A4 Cabriolet 3 ltr manual.

Chalk and cheese of course.

TT great fun, excellent handling maybe doesn't look as good as the A4 with the roof up.

A4 more of a cruiser, certainly benefits from the 3 ltr V6 as it is big and heavy. Looks to die for with the roof down.

I preferred the A4 but then I am not really into sports cars I prefer a big lazy cruiser.

Would choose my A6 2.7T auto over both of them :D