PDA

View Full Version : 60k service!! VW GOLF GT TDI (130 BHP) 2002

arena432
21-02-2005, 10:31 PM
can anyone tell me (preferably mechanic) if the fuel filter is changed on this service.
I have gone through the service book and cant recall one ever being changed, it as never been ticked.
The car has covered 56k miles and has had the nxt service done in part of the deal, the toothed belts have been changed can someone clarify what these are! (cam belt/ pump belt?/ fan belt?)
How can i possibly know if the fuel filter has been changed without ringing the garage.
Do you think they will tell me, just to put my mind at ease.
The servicing has always been done around the 10k mark but for some reason the nxt service is now due some 20k miles down the line, is this normal? :1zhelp:

Thanks Ian.

stuart
22-02-2005, 12:30 PM
can anyone tell me (preferably mechanic) if the fuel filter is changed on this service.
I have gone through the service book and cant recall one ever being changed, it as never been ticked.
The car has covered 56k miles and has had the nxt service done in part of the deal, the toothed belts have been changed can someone clarify what these are! (cam belt/ pump belt?/ fan belt?)
How can i possibly know if the fuel filter has been changed without ringing the garage.
Do you think they will tell me, just to put my mind at ease.
The servicing has always been done around the 10k mark but for some reason the nxt service is now due some 20k miles down the line, is this normal? :1zhelp:

Thanks Ian.

Hi Ian

Just had a conversation with a VAG technician , the service interval on the TDi's depends on the vehicle Engine code., but as a rule the fuel filter should be changed every 20-30K.

If you let me have the details by email or PM, I can confirm the exact time.

The only way you will tell if it has been changed is to either ask the garage, and hope they tell you the truth, or look at the general condition of the filter, if it looks old, get it changed.

As for the 3 items you listed, the Can Belt, is the main engine timing belt, the Pump Belt, is the smaller timing belt that drives the diesel inhjection pump, and the Fan Belt is the belt that drives the water pump, Power steering and AC if fitted.

Hope this helps

Stuart

arena432
22-02-2005, 11:38 PM
It has been confirmed the fuel fltr is changed every 40.000, but i had it changed as an extra, i finally managed to ring vw main agents before they closed.

Thankyou stuart for the response.

PS i am going to contact the vw garage who did service the car and ask if the tensioner was changed along with the cambelt, an important part that shouldn't be left out.

I will post details hoping that others will read appropriate threads and will learn by my chasing around for peace of mind.

Ta Ian.