PDA

View Full Version : Audi Parking Aid

Robertarwel
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi,
Just had my new A4 2.00 SE TDI FAB! But for one very annoying thing. I struggle to hear the bleeps from the parking sensors (the car has the parking aid system - rear only). There is no facility to increase the volume on the MMI. Audi have suggested moving the bleeper from the rear speaker to the front one.
The old A4 18.T sports line (2005) had an excellent bleeper and the new A4 which I test drove at the garage caused no problem (The demo was top of the range and had the parking plus system).
Re- visited the salesman and made him sit in the car and listen to the bleeps, he duly admitted that he had difficulty in hearing them, and that they were far to low to suit the purpose he also had great difficulty hearing the bleeps if there were other contributing noises - radio on low, reversing on gravel, child making noise in the back.
Anyone else had this problem? I'd be interested to know how it was resolved.

Thanks

Robertarwel

AUDI-NUT
12-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi,
Just had my new A4 2.00 SE TDI FAB! But for one very annoying thing. I struggle to hear the bleeps from the parking sensors (the car has the parking aid system - rear only). There is no facility to increase the volume on the MMI. Audi have suggested moving the bleeper from the rear speaker to the front one.
The old A4 18.T sports line (2005) had an excellent bleeper and the new A4 which I test drove at the garage caused no problem (The demo was top of the range and had the parking plus system).
Re- visited the salesman and made him sit in the car and listen to the bleeps, he duly admitted that he had difficulty in hearing them, and that they were far to low to suit the purpose he also had great difficulty hearing the bleeps if there were other contributing noises - radio on low, reversing on gravel, child making noise in the back.
Anyone else had this problem? I'd be interested to know how it was resolved.

Thanks

Robertarwel

Have a look on this forum = somebody else reported the same problem but supposedly there is a way of changing the volume.

AndyE66
12-04-2008, 11:33 PM
I think if you press Car on the MMI controller then Setup its on the menu. You can increase the volume substantially and also change the pitch of the beep. When you go into reverse it does also drop the volume of the radio/cd but not sure if there's an option to configure how much it cuts the volume by.

Satch
13-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Robert, I have the same car and you can change the volume of the bleeps.
Go into set-up and then instrument cluster and then parking sensors.
It can be done. I know cos I've already done it.

Audi Nick
13-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Not only can you change the volume but you can also change the frequency of the beeps. Indeed, when bored you can play a tune on it so you should be able to find the ideal 'warning' tone.

Robertarwel
13-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi
Thanks for your help but I have checked the MMI and under Car Set up it offers central locking, exterior lighting, instrument cluster, service interval, vehicle ID, windows and wipers. Having a further look in instrument cluster I am offered these options:- gear change warning, speed warning 1, speed warning 2, on board comp 1, on board comp2, there is no other option available so now I am beginning to wonder if there is an category missing from the MMI, the on board computer has no facility, so I presume that is why the Audi garage are going to the trouble of swapping the bleeper from rear to front otherwise they would just fiddle about with the MMI.

Keep ypu posted

Thanks
Robertarwel

AndyE66
13-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Just checked mine again - it's under Car (not Car Setup as I originally thought) and it's the first item on the list (Audi Parking System).

Satch
13-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes, I've just checked mine again. It's not under set-up. It's under Car.

Press Car, not set up.

Audi Parking System should be the first option on the screen.

Robertarwel
14-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi,
Just received my A4 back from dealer, who double checked if there was a facility unde Car on the MMI to increase the volume, he confirmed there was not.Mine was only the third new A4 that the dealership had sold ond the other two were top of the range. They have now placed the bleeper in the front speaker on the driver's door by the wing mirror and hooray! this has worked. One happy A4 owner!

Cheers
Robertarwel