PDA

View Full Version : starts from cold & Dies - BUT

robmar0se
12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Leon TDI 110bhp (2002) - has been suffering from electrical probs and is booked in on Monday - however we had smoke in the cabin yesterday so switched off immediately - no smoke in engine bay.

Problems started a while back with the airbag ecu unit blowing (repaired) and then went again, then lower dash lights not working (ie climate control/light switches etc - radio/binnicle all okay) a couiple of months back. Removed airbag ecu for repair (still out). I booked it in for an electrical overhaul, but then the smoke!

I have gone through all fuses and removed those that appear to be cabin features only - ie leave engine management fuses in) - the idea being I could then drive the car the 10 miles to the garage, rather than tow it.

Have been through the fuses 2-3 times and can't see which one might be affecting this - my guess is that the handbook documentation may be incorrect - so my question is does anyone else have any info on this???:confused:

Of course it is possible that the short that obviously is the original cause has now deteriorated so that this is now leading to this new problem.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received. Thank you

robmar0se
12-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Okay - process of elimination (without flattening the battery) fuse # 11 also works the immobiliser (as well as the binnicle) - of course it doesn't say this in the manual - replace fuse and it starts and runs - so lets hope I can get it to the garage without more smoke!

thanks for looking.