PDA

View Full Version : Rear speaker cables and bhp rating

betambeau
12-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,

I’m a new member here and I’d just like to say thanks to everyone that’s ever posted anything on this site as I’ve pretty much been able to find out everything I’ve needed to know about my new golf, (apart from the questions below)

I live in France now so just bought a 2001 1.9 TDI. (My mark II 1.6 driver has finally given up the ghost.) The first question I have is, I’m not sure how many bhp it has, it has the TDI sticker on the back, (with the D and the I being red,) I thought this meant it was a 115 or 130 bhp, the only thing is it has a 5 speed box? I looked in the manual, a picture shows the layout of the engine, this picture shows the bits in a 115 bhp layout but I’m not sure?? Anyone shed any light on this?

The second question is, my new car didn’t come with a stereo fitted, so I took my old head unit out of my mark II to fit in. When I fitted it the connector it had the right amount of cables to have rear speakers, but no sound came out, so after looking at other posts I realised it might not have any rear speakers, after checking it didn’t, which I do thinks is REALY cheap. What I think is more strange is it has the cables at the head unit for rear speakers, so I started a bit of detective work……I pulled off the rubber boot at the rear door to see if the cables went into the door, I found a connector block with spaces for more cables than the 4 cables coming out of it, I presume these 4 cables are for the central locking. The thing that puzzles me is the connector block has spaces where I think the speaker cables should come out of it. I couldn’t see the other side of the block, but does anyone know it the speaker cable do go to the other side of this block??

Thanks guys