PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel refurb

jonbaker
11-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Can anyone recommend a mobile unit that refurbs alloys i.e takes scuffs out etc? or one in Essex, i'm in Romford.. Looking for the cheapest option :D spent quite a bit recently repairing dents and dings/windscreen etc etc, now time for the wheels the mrs has wrecked em!:aargh4: although she denies it! they certainly wasn't in the state they are in now 2 years ago when i got the car

paul b
11-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Being based in Manchester I cannot reccommend anybody, but tell your wife that she may as well own up to it because mine eventually has. 10 months of ownership and there is at least 2 marks on each wheel, including both offside wheels! And I changed one of them and put the spare on when we had a puncture, that wheel was brand new, now it looks like it's been driven by my mum. (who doesn't drive incidently).

Paul

jonbaker
12-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Being based in Manchester I cannot reccommend anybody, but tell your wife that she may as well own up to it because mine eventually has. 10 months of ownership and there is at least 2 marks on each wheel, including both offside wheels! And I changed one of them and put the spare on when we had a puncture, that wheel was brand new, now it looks like it's been driven by my mum. (who doesn't drive incidently).

Paul

:biglaugh: I have the star alloys as you can see in my avatar. They tend to stick out slightly and nearly every arm on every wheel has marks now. If it was just curbed around the edge it wouldn't bother me so much.

I had some dents taken out by dentdevils today and he gave me a phone number of some geezer that can sort it. Will contact him for an estimate and see how it lies.. cheers

looking for something a bit cheaper than this... http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/faq.html and at a cash price if poss:D