PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Phaeton Issues

jbwn
11-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I have a 2007 3.0 Diesel with 8K miles, but the experience is marred with too many annoying 'features':

Vibration in drivers seat especially at idle; NOTE the passenger seat was loose and needed repair - there is also a RECLL/SERVICE NOTE on the underseat wiring
Telephone
Bluetooth recently fails to connect to the phone displaying ‘Voice input error’
Downloads sms every time and requests acknowledgement
Traffic button
Does nothing on either setting in the UK. recent rrip to Holland unleashed loads of info - Why not here VW?
Vehicle button
Says tire pressure monitor not installed, but will do nothing else
Garages do not understand the service indicator options
AC
When set to manual (open vents), the passenger side goes back to auto when the car is turned off, drivers side stays in manual
Navi
Can not find any Volkswagen dealers
Hardly displays any road names / information
very poor compared to the DVD option available in other models
Boot
Often fails to open automatically – needs manual lift (very heavy)
Does not respond to touching the badge to open
It takes a very long time after starting before you can select the defrost or rear window heating
It takes a very long time after starting before you can use the telephone
The windscreen has marked quite badly from the left hand wiper in front of the driver already Hardly the luxury experience described in the sales brochure. The 'Luxury Car Support Help desk' seems fairly ineffectual.

Crasher
11-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I despair at VAG UK, they are muppets!

eddmac
21-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I have a 2007 3.0 Diesel with 8K miles, but the experience is marred with too many annoying 'features':

Vibration in drivers seat especially at idle; NOTE the passenger seat was loose and needed repair - there is also a RECLL/SERVICE NOTE on the underseat wiring
Telephone
Bluetooth recently fails to connect to the phone displaying ‘Voice input error’
Downloads sms every time and requests acknowledgement
Traffic button
Does nothing on either setting in the UK. recent rrip to Holland unleashed loads of info - Why not here VW?
Vehicle button
Says tire pressure monitor not installed, but will do nothing else
Garages do not understand the service indicator options
AC
When set to manual (open vents), the passenger side goes back to auto when the car is turned off, drivers side stays in manual
Navi
Can not find any Volkswagen dealers
Hardly displays any road names / information
very poor compared to the DVD option available in other models
Boot
Often fails to open automatically – needs manual lift (very heavy)
Does not respond to touching the badge to open
It takes a very long time after starting before you can select the defrost or rear window heating
It takes a very long time after starting before you can use the telephone
The windscreen has marked quite badly from the left hand wiper in front of the driver alreadyHardly the luxury experience described in the sales brochure. The 'Luxury Car Support Help desk' seems fairly ineffectual.

I can help you with some of this list.

The traffic button does nothing, this is correct because the service is not available in the UK, this is nothing to do with the car or VW

The vehicle button does not display any info because you did not buy any of the options, namely tyre pressure monitors, that this ties into.

On the AC, I think that the AC reverts to the "saved" settings, so if you want the vents open (Whyever for?) you need to save it in your settings. Not that I can remember how of course as it was years ago that i set mine up :biglaugh:

The Navi system is just complete crap, mostly because it is a slow, outdated CD based system. I think that the street names are there, you just need to go into the settings to turn them on, but you will get massive slowdown if you do. I bought a Garmin Nuvi instead (crap i know):aargh4:

My boot does occasionally get "stuck" but mostly this is my fault (getting things stuck in it etc, normally raising the door lever a couple of times fixes it and you dont need the manual lift.

The defrost and rear window heating on mine are pretty much instantaneous! Although I could be wrong, because on frosty/icy days I tend to leave the car running for a few minutes before I set off, so it can heat up.

The phone is extremely slow to load the phonebook, more so the more you have saved in it!

If your windscreen has been marked by the wiper, I would suggest that you should have replaced it quite some time ago, or maybe there is a bit of grit stuck in it or something, mine are fine!

I must also say that my local dealer, Agnews of Belfast, have been fantastic since I bought the car, nothing is ever a problem and they are knowledgable, courteous and mostly efficient. I also get treated better than the
"regular" punters (not wanting to sound snobby, and failing:p
The service manager deals with "luxury cars", not the service advisors and they always provide a brand new Touareg as a loaner car, I don't even have to transfer insurance, they always put me on theirs, all in all I would recommend you change dealers mate!

Hope this has been of some help/info:Blush2: