PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Oil!!!!

Audi_Convert
11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I've just put too much oil in the 2.0tdi A4. Warning light came on

OIL MINIMUM LEVEL!

I popped in 700ml by accident instead of the 500ml stages of Mobil 1 5w30.

The car has settled for a good 2 hours and reads past the Max and just over the first little nodule on the stick. For gods sake, if its saying MINIMUM LEVEL then 700 ml shouldn't send it that far over the top!

WHAT DO I DO NOW???

kite
11-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Drain some out

Audi_Convert
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Drain some out

Can't get underneath it. Sline is way too low. Would scrape on the ramps.

redmax90
11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
get yourself a good chunky bit of airline tubing. Yano like the clear stuff..and syphon some out via the dipstick tube. Just make sure your airline reaches the sump ok...top it up to the correct level and your on the road :D

Crasher
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
A good friend/customer came in the other day with his Fabia, three years old and being traded in the next day for a new Fabia II. He had the "oil" text come up in the instruments and thought this meant the oil was low (it means oil change service required) so he poured in the entire contents of a 5 litre can, on top of a full sump of oil. I drained just under ten litres of oil out of this poor little 3 cylinder TDI engine and it was fine after a new filter and oil fill.

onzarob
11-04-2008, 11:08 PM
it was fine after a new filter and oil fill.

that gives me an idea, change the oil filter, should be enough to drop the oil level below MAX ;)

Audi_Convert
12-04-2008, 09:21 AM
that give me an idea, change the oil filter, should be enough todrop the oil level below MAX ;)

Thanks for the DIY tips guys. I'll let you know how I get on. :beerchug:

jonbaker
17-04-2008, 01:19 PM
A good friend/customer came in the other day with his Fabia, three years old and being traded in the next day for a new Fabia II. He had the "oil" text come up in the instruments and thought this meant the oil was low (it means oil change service required) so he poured in the entire contents of a 5 litre can, on top of a full sump of oil. I drained just under ten litres of oil out of this poor little 3 cylinder TDI engine and it was fine after a new filter and oil fill.

And i thought i was bad! :biglaugh: