PDA

View Full Version : Climatroinc ? ? ?

RobTrev
10-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi All

I ve got a couple of probs with my mk4 1999 V5 golf

1, Clicking or grrr noise from behind the glove box ? any ideas:confused:

2, The air con does nt seem to work not de-humidifing the air the cooling fans dont cut in when you press auto would this be why ? as I'm planing the carry out the" Fan fix mod " at the weekend.

Thanks

Rob

VW Techniker
11-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi All

I ve got a couple of probs with my mk4 1999 V5 golf

1, Clicking or grrr noise from behind the glove box ? any ideas:confused:

2, The air con does nt seem to work not de-humidifing the air the cooling fans dont cut in when you press auto would this be why ? as I'm planing the carry out the" Fan fix mod " at the weekend.

Thanks

Rob

Hello,

Its sounds like the air re-circulation flap motor is faulty, it can be checked in basic settings (04) using suitable diagnostic tool... Not very friendly to change though, its in a very, very, very, very, very, very, stupid place.

Good luck

RobTrev
11-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi

Thanks for your reply any cules :confused: on the 2nd problem any 1.

Thanks

VW Techniker
12-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Hi,

Sorry, I was answering both of your questions. The climatronic system relys on several factors when in the auto mode, the ECU needs to know the outside temeperature and the inside temperature, it also needs to know the temp' of various air ducts in the vehicle and the position of their flaps in order to calculate the required climate.

Does the AC Compressor operate in manual mode??

Rob

RobTrev
12-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Sorry if I'm being dumb but i didn't think you could turn it on manually as econ turns the a/c off :1zhelp: I've noticed the cooling fans don't kick in but I've read about fitting external resistors so i intend to carry this out soon, will that stop the air con working, but when i press auto the interior light dims slightly and the revs drop.
:dunno:
Thanks

Rob