PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 GTi 8v Wiring question(s) - Help!

HeavyOil
10-04-2008, 08:25 PM
First off, I haven't posted for a long time, I now don't have the Audi TDi but a (for sale) Impreza Turbo... And a now inherited Golf.

I came across the Golf abandoned at work and managed to trace it's former owner, who gave it to me - it's not moved since '04 so you can imagine it's not in a great state.

Trouble it, he hasn't any keys for it. It has what looks to be a slot in the dash for an immobiliser key. My question is, before I spend my hard earned buying replacement ignition barrel, door locks, boot lock, fuel cap etc etc, can anyone shed any light as to whether it'll prove near impossible to bypass (or remove) the immobiliser or not?! It's a rectangular slot slightly larger than a USB key with a few metal contact strips inside, and is by the right hand side of the steering collum on the dash.

I appreciate that this could (prob does) look like a dodgy post so if anyone knows anything about bypassing these thinsgs, perhaps don't list it on here but PM me so any toe rags reading don't glean vital info to their trade!

My intention is to get the golf up and running (needs at least tyres/coolant hoses/battery and prob brakes and much more...) and use it as my daily drive. Though I fear it may become more of a project than I'd bargained on!

Any help / advice greatly appreciated, thanks!

Paul :beerchug:

rae
23-05-2008, 09:24 AM
its not hard to remove an immobiliser from a mk2 golf! usually they've snipped two wires off back of fusebox, and run them to an immobiliser unit.... match up the cut wires by colour, and voila...