PDA

View Full Version : audi a3 3.2 dsg stalling

Yorkshireman
10-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi

My a3 3.2 dsg 54 plate seems to stall with the traction light first showing then engine managment light comes.

Once the car is stationery, the engine cuts out. I was told it was a fuel pump problem so i purchased a brand new fuel pump at a cost of £130 from dealers. Car was ok for a week but problem seems to have come back.

The stalling comes and goes and i can't seem to find what the problem is. Engine management then comes on and off.

Driving up a hill the engine seems to judder back and forth. When the car is idiling, it drops revs.

Been told that one of flexis on exhaust may have a slight leak but i done want to jump to conclusions as a new exhaust is very expensive !

Can anyone help please?

A3Homer
09-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey,

I have a 2004 A3 2.0 TDI DSG with very similar problems.

It stalls a lot and then when pulling away or reversing, the car judders a lot.

I took it to Audi who said there were two seperate problems.

1) the stalling was fixed by an upgrade to the engine management software.

2) they did an oil and filter change to the gearbox and upgraded the management system on it too, but it still is juddering. They are not sure what it is and want to do more investigation at £100 an hour!!!

Have you had any feedback on your problems?

mxb350
12-09-2008, 03:34 PM
I have had a similar problem with stalling especially when the car has just started and the climate control is on full blast (the car was like a greenhouse after being parked in the sun all day).

I have also noticed that sometimes when I select reverse it takes a while to kick in.

Your experience with the engine software etc is very useful.

Cheers