PDA

View Full Version : Water temp sensor Green or Black.

Gjh1960
10-04-2008, 06:22 PM
When buying a water temp sensor for my 54 leon tdi I was asked if it was a black or green one , told the guy i had'nt a clue so he suggested it was more likely a green one. Anyone any ideas..

I also have some comma extreme green long life Anti-freeze which according to the bottle is o.k for Vw/Seats, had it from my old Bmw days however it's green and the coolant in my reservoir is a pinky colour, would it matter to mix the 2 a little. :confused:

Seem to remember hearing once it was not good to mix differing types of coolant.

New car many threads...

R Brown
21-04-2008, 08:32 AM
When buying a water temp sensor for my 54 leon tdi I was asked if it was a black or green one , told the guy i had'nt a clue so he suggested it was more likely a green one. Anyone any ideas..

I also have some comma extreme green long life Anti-freeze which according to the bottle is o.k for Vw/Seats, had it from my old Bmw days however it's green and the coolant in my reservoir is a pinky colour, would it matter to mix the 2 a little. :confused:

Seem to remember hearing once it was not good to mix differing types of coolant.

New car many threads...

says in the manual don't mix coolant need to get proper stuff from dealer

Gjh1960
21-04-2008, 04:49 PM
ok, thanks for that :D

R Brown
22-04-2008, 05:41 PM
ok, thanks for that :D

yes dude 52 plate leon tdi se 110bhp black. temp guage doing irish jiggonna change switch sensor and top up with distilled water they use at work.

Safe:beerchug: