PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioner condenser drain - where is it?

off-the-planet
10-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Hi. I have a Mk4 Golf TDi with Climate control. I am having a problem with the windscreen misting up and then taking an age to clear. I intend to check the recon air flap thingy, (tech term;) ) behind the pollen filter, but believe another cause could be a blocked air-con condenser drain. Where do I find it to clear it out? Thanks.

off-the-planet
10-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi, Checked the recirculating air flap thingy today whilst doing an oil change and other bits - it's working fine. The pollen filter however, though only a year old seems very dirty. I've hoovered it out and will replace it asap. Does anyone know what the average life expectancy is on the se filters?
Thanks

stuart
10-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi

I belive they should be changed every 2 years, but for the cost of them, it would be worth changing every 12 months if it has got very dirty:)

If they get too blocked, they can cause the blower motor to burn out in some cars:(

If you go to Euro Car Parts, or GSF, they cost around £10

Stuart

off-the-planet
11-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi,
GSF wanted £4.75 + vat for the pollen filter and £6.80 + vat for an air filter, total £13.57 inc vat for the pair! :D
VW prices: pollen filter £18.21 inc vat; air filter 19.39 inc vat, total £37.60 inc vat for the pair! :yikes:
The pollen filter is made by Mann and although slightly shallower than the VW one fits fine, the air filter is Bosch.
Needless to say I shall be using GSF again! :biglaugh:
I'll let you know how the misting gets on........

off-the-planet
12-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Still misting.......:1zhelp: