PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas O Knowledgeable Ones !!

BurntOut
10-04-2008, 02:56 AM
I have just purchased my first Audi it is an 2002 A4 2.0 Sport.

I am having some rev fluctuation problems and since this is my 1st ever petrol car (usually a diesel man lol) was wondering if any of you would know the cause.

It fluctuates from idle to about 1000 then needle just keeps bopping up & down when stationery when i give the accelorator a touch it stops for a while but then starts again, also the car when driving @ low speed always feels as if its like pullin sorta like it wants to go, but maybe this is me not being used to a petrol vehicle.

Also could someone advise where the computer diagnostics connection is.

All Help Greatly appreciated:biglaugh:

Lofty79
10-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Always say this but clean throttle body is one thing to try, lambda sensor, MAf sensor are next usuals. Diagnostic should pick those up though

BurntOut
10-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Always say this but clean throttle body is one thing to try, lambda sensor, MAf sensor are next usuals. Diagnostic should pick those up though

Problems went a step further today, when i went out to use the car i started it and the ESP & EPC lights stayed on and the car only moved at no more than 15mph and the revs would not go over 2000, so got back into drive then waited a while turned back on & it went ok. So got to where I needed to and when i was returnin tonight exactly the same thing only this time when i turned of and put car back on I now have the wee engine light on permanently RAGIN:zx11:

Sam
11-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Also could someone advise where the computer diagnostics connection is.

All Help Greatly appreciated:biglaugh:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4773

;)

RickT
12-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi..

i have the same engine and had the same issue..

Get your head under the bonnet and listen for any air leaks..

Theres a vacuum hose which splits are around 80k ish and causes this issue..

The auto choke fights to keep it at the correct rev..

The the traction and EPC light comes on knocking it into limp mode..

easiest way is to get someone to rev it up and down while you listen..

OR..

it could be a dodgy coil pack which is causing a slight misfire on idle...

Where abouts are you?

Rick

BurntOut
13-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi..
i have the same engine and had the same issue..
Get your head under the bonnet and listen for any air leaks..
Theres a vacuum hose which splits are around 80k ish and causes this issue..
The auto choke fights to keep it at the correct rev..
The the traction and EPC light comes on knocking it into limp mode..
easiest way is to get someone to rev it up and down while you listen..
OR..
it could be a dodgy coil pack which is causing a slight misfire on idle...
Where abouts are you?
Rick

Rick many thanx for your comments, the engine management light has gone out again but still gettin the fluctuations, funny a bloke was sayin to me on saturday about him havin a WV polo and he had same probs & it was a leak in a vacuum hose, will get the motor round to my more mechanically minded m8 & mention your points, Thanx Again

PS I am in N Ireland M8ty lol (bit far away lol:biglaugh:)

RickT
13-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Rick many thanx for your comments, the engine management light has gone out again but still gettin the fluctuations, funny a bloke was sayin to me on saturday about him havin a WV polo and he had same probs & it was a leak in a vacuum hose, will get the motor round to my more mechanically minded m8 & mention your points, Thanx Again

PS I am in N Ireland M8ty lol (bit far away lol:biglaugh:)

No worries,

let us know how you get on and drop a post with the resolve details once fixed for future ref.

Cheers

Rick

BurntOut
14-04-2008, 02:18 PM
No worries,

let us know how you get on and drop a post with the resolve details once fixed for future ref.

Cheers

Rick

OMG this is so bloody strange, right this morning when i was goin to work @ 0600 the Engine Management Light didnt go out the car was in safe mode again wouldnt go above 2000revs or 15mph, after a while it went ok, got to work ok. Now I obv was gettin annoyed so i got it into a local garage to get it on the diagnostics, so went in & explained all the above probs etc and the comments on possible causes. When I took the car in there where no warning lights on, now just picked it back up, the diagnostics came back that all was clear & everything on the car was fine?????????????????? ***, i am not imagining all these things I told them, they said they test drove it there was no fluctuations and since there where no warning lights on and it showed as everything OK. I am now 40+Vat shorter lol, they explained that i should try to get it back to them when some warning lights are on.

Could this be a temperature thing?? After all it was pretty cold this morning & now the sun has been shining all afternoon.:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4: