PDA

View Full Version : Audi Marketing

MackemMan
09-04-2008, 11:10 PM
For years, long before I ever owned an Audi, I have been impressed by their TV advertising.Recently the adverts for the A5 have been brilliant. They emphasise the graceful lines of a beautiful car. Similarly for the R8, although a picture of the car is good enough.But what are Audi thinking about for the A4 adverts? They are trying to sell the car on the strength of its optional extras! I have ordered an A4 for several reasons - quality (as always), stunning looks, brilliant engine / gearbox, good value, somewhere to put my golf clubs. But absolutely nothing to do with paying a fortune extra to have safety sensors. Having read other entries on the forum I don't recall seeing that anyone else has ordered them either.I have yet to see an A4 on the road. Is it because of the woeful advertising or because Audi are taking forever to fulfill its order backlog?

mkc
10-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I also find it odd that Audi have not advertised the new A4 on TV or billboards. They showed adverts for the R8, A5 and today I saw one for the RS6. I think the advert for the RS6 is pointless, they have already sold the cars planned for the UK so why advertise a car you cannot buy, even if you have the £70K+ anyway.

Even Merc advertised the new C Class. The A4 will sell anyway but would be nice to see some on the TV!

paul b
10-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I also find it odd that Audi have not advertised the new A4 on TV or billboards. They showed adverts for the R8, A5 and today I saw one for the RS6. I think the advert for the RS6 is pointless, they have already sold the cars planned for the UK so why advertise a car you cannot buy, even if you have the £70K+ anyway.

Even Merc advertised the new C Class. The A4 will sell anyway but would be nice to see some on the TV!
On the C Class thing, they needed a decent advert because from experience of owning one, I came to the conclusion that C stands for Crappy Class.

I saw the advert for the RS6 for the first time today, and to me it seems Audi are only advertising the really high-performance cars, like the R8, RS6, S5 etc.

An advert for the A4 is needed, they sell in their masses so why not?

Paul

pgarner
11-04-2008, 12:40 AM
prob cause they sell so many A4s they dont need to advertise the cars.

the adverts for rs6 r8 etc, are for what we all want or what the city boys ( and gals) can get their hands on a wreak after a couple of months

Audi Nick
11-04-2008, 09:21 AM
My problem with Audi Marketing on the A4 centres on the Xenon lights. They withdrew them on the SE last year but according to the web site and brochures they sent out, they were still available. Enough of that because it still makes my blood boil :zx11:.

I don't know anyone who has bought the lane assist etc and even the hill hold is an oversell. I have the electro hand brake on my current A6 and believe me, you do not need the hill assist.

I agree with the sentiments about Mercedes. I bought one a number of years ago and sold it (at a huge loss) 6 months later, such was my dissatifaction with the brand/car.

The problem is the VAG group is so large and they sell so many cars, individual customers do not matter and the marketing guys are clearly overpaid and underworked!

mkc
11-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Agreed about the Xenon and LEDs. All photos and demo vehicles have the LED running lights and Xenons. Yet this is now only standard on the S Line and a £775 option on standard and SE models. (is that right!?)

I also read early on that the Lane Departure warning was standard on the S Line, but cannot find any reference to that now.

As for hill assist, im sorry but I can drive on a hill, stop and pull away again. no need for electric gizmos to help me pull away on a hill. Technology for technology sake.

Audi Nick
11-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Its not available as an option on the SE, that's my point. I would pay the extra indeed I want to pay the extra, but audi do not want my money and will not allow me to have the Xenon's.

:(

mkc
11-04-2008, 09:45 AM
So even though the demo SE cars and many of the used SE B8s on the Audi website have LED running lights and Xenons, its not available now on the SE.

Thats nuts. Glad ive got a S Line underway.

Audi Nick
11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Yep, the ex demo's and current demo's with Xenon's were ordered before Audi withdrew them, nice one eh?

I went to change to the S Line, but when I found out that I would lose my B & O which is free, coupled with the fact that I do not care for the seats and body kit which go with the S Line, I decided to stay put.

Audi marketing, like its pr is a mess. Like so much in life a good product, bad service.

Satch
11-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Yep, the ex demo's and current demo's with Xenon's were ordered before Audi withdrew them, nice one eh?

I went to change to the S Line, but when I found out that I would lose my B & O which is free, coupled with the fact that I do not care for the seats and body kit which go with the S Line, I decided to stay put.

Audi marketing, like its pr is a mess. Like so much in life a good product, bad service.

I totally agree with Nick, the xenon DRL's was a right proper ****-up. Everyone who has seen my new car say, and I quote " oh why hasn't it got those fancy lights on the front !! " I don't even try to explain why.

Also the hill hold assist button is a waste of time, glad I didn't pay the extra £45. I mean imagine even asking for £45. I got them to throw it in- but as it turns out you don't need it anyway, although the little button is kind of cute.

I have also been sent a survey to fill in on my new car so I told them exactly how I felt.

moptisam2
11-04-2008, 08:42 PM
About a year after I got my present A4 I got a large questionnaire from a company asking for my opinion of the car. As it would have taken about one hour to fill in I threw it away. I got two follow up letters, that I also threw away. About six months later I got another large questionnaire (the same one), once again asking for my opinion on the car and saying that Audi depend on answers from people such as me in order to produce cars for the future.

I decided to try a different tack. I wrote a letter back to the marketing company, and enclosed my own questionnaire, on it, if I remember correctly, were the following questions.

1. Do you agree that without people like me to answer your questions you would not have a job?

2. How much per hour do you earn for carrying out the survey?

3. Do you work for nothing?
A – Yes. Go to question 4
B – No. Go to question 5

4. Under what circumstances?

5. Why do you expect me to?

I was annoyed that the very people on whom Audi depend for their information are not rewarded with either a voucher, against a future requirement, or having their name put into a hat to win some sort of gift. I was just expected to spend about one hour of my time (I work freelance, so time really is money) for someone else to be paid lots of money, to process my answers.

Anyway, I never heard from the company again!

RichardCranium
14-04-2008, 09:26 AM
like it. good response