PDA

View Full Version : alarm a4

mary
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
i have an a4 .2.4 w reg 2000,after replacing battery,everything works fine but the alarm keeps activating after aprox 20minutes,this is not a full alarm,no lights flash,just a loud beep from the boot.the led,s on the front doors suggest that the alarm is fully set.any help please.:confused:

JR001
13-12-2006, 09:27 PM
It could simply be that your alarm battery is dead. My A4 alarm is in the boot right hand side behind the side trim in a well below the light cluster.
A quick way to determine whether it is the siren battery at fault is to take it out and measure the dc voltage between two of the terminals. Just keep trying two terminals until you get a dc voltage value. Mines was 6.8V - knackered. To remove the siren/battery unit you have to remove some trim. It is not a difficult job and if you want Audi pics and instructions then please PM me with your email address and i will oblige. Someone else on another forum followed the same advice and found the dc voltage to be less than 1V!!!!!!!!!
In both cases a new siren/battery unit solved the nuisance problem. £82 inc vat.

Hope this helps.

mary
13-12-2006, 10:37 PM
It could simply be that your alarm battery is dead. My A4 alarm is in the boot right hand side behind the side trim in a well below the light cluster.
A quick way to determine whether it is the siren battery at fault is to take it out and measure the dc voltage between two of the terminals. Just keep trying two terminals until you get a dc voltage value. Mines was 6.8V - knackered. To remove the siren/battery unit you have to remove some trim. It is not a difficult job and if you want Audi pics and instructions then please PM me with your email address and i will oblige. Someone else on another forum followed the same advice and found the dc voltage to be less than 1V!!!!!!!!!
In both cases a new siren/battery unit solved the nuisance problem. £82 inc vat.

Hope this helps.
will get my husband to check this out.what voltage am i looking for or is it marked.thanks very much.mary

JR001
14-12-2006, 12:08 AM
I didn't find that info out unfortunately.
It may be 9 or 12V?
Can anybody shed light on this one?

uski
20-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi,

To remove the siren/battery unit you have to remove some trim. It is not a difficult job and if you want Audi pics and instructions then please PM me with your email address and i will oblige.

Could you please send me the Audi pics and instructions to change the alarm/battery assembly on a 2005 A4 break ?

I'm also interested in the pinout of this assembly, if someone has it (I would like to interface the alarm to a GSM transmitter, any anyone is curious).

My e-mail address if vwaf @ cykian d0t net

Thanks !
:)

mary
21-08-2007, 08:05 PM
hi uski i suggest that you ask JR001 about the audi instructions you require,as he knows a lot about it.hope this helps.

uski
21-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi !

Unfortunately I can't send him a private message as I am a new member.
Maybe someone could
send him a PM for me, asking him to look at this thread ? This would help a lot.

Thanks
uski

JR001
21-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Hiya,

Don't have any pics any more I'm afraid - my pc got rebuilt and I lost everything.

I'm going by my 2002 model, not sure about 2005 though.

Here goes:

Open boot and remove spare wheel.
There should be plastic trim just above the reg plate that the bootlid falls down onto. This is removed by unscrewing two screws internally either side of the reg plate width.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/jr001_2007/OTHER%20FORUM%20PICS/100_2086.jpg

Remove this plastic trim. It should have the boot light buld built into it and you have to remove the connector to fully remove the trim.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/jr001_2007/OTHER%20FORUM%20PICS/100_2090.jpg

The carpet trim that covers the inside of the right hand rear wing should be removed by unscrewing any securing screws - these should be visible, they should be the buckles that are used for tying any loads in the boot.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/jr001_2007/OTHER%20FORUM%20PICS/100_2089.jpg

Gently prise sections of the carpet trim away from the right hand part of the bootwell - have a flat-head screwdriver at hand to help. There should be metal clips that you need to prise off here.
The alarm and battery unit should then be visible down beneath the rear right hand light cluster and is secure to the body by means of a metal bracket. I think I remember that you need poss an 8mm hex socket to remove the alarm.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

mary
22-08-2007, 07:47 AM
to uski i just looked up jr001's email address but i saw he'd contacted you.brilliant forum this one!! hope everything goes ok, mary.

jimbo2112
26-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi,

I have the same alarm problem (going off on it's own in middle of night!) and would appreciate any Audi diags to fix the problem! I am loathe to go to an Audi centre as they will fleece me (again) no doubt!

My emails are matthew.james@dk.uk.com and james.m@sky.com

Cheers!

M

Sharpshooter18
14-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi can anyone help me with instructions or diagrams as to accsessing the siren in the boot please many thanks craigsharpless@hotmail.com

nikhil
12-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I have an Audi A4 and for the past week I have been aving problem with my Alarm going off. Lights don't flash but the the bleepping comes from the boot area. I have taken this to audi paid over £250.00 and last night the damn thing went off again. They repaced the alarm and tuned the sensors down. but still no luck

this is driving me mad

can anyone hepl me

Nik