PDA

View Full Version : Door sill Bling

Stewarty
09-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi All
Just been for a spin in a mates new Merc B Class(some people never learn!) and when you enter the car it has shinny cromey Merc labelled door sill protectors and i have to say that it does leave a lasting impression of quality and the feeling you are entering a quality vehicle(not that a Merc is not). Does anybody know about equivalent Audi B7 SLine versions of door sill protectors?

Cheers:D

swivel-hip
26-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I am looking for a set too. Any luck so far as I can't find them anywhere?

kodkod.84
26-05-2009, 12:49 PM
err the S-Line does have door sill plates with S-line written on them, well mine does, are you two driving an SE, even they have them just with no typeface on them.

Are these what you want?:

http://www.performance-cafe.com/images/slinesills.jpg

irishejit
26-05-2009, 04:53 PM
tons of them on ebay

swivel-hip
26-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi thanks for your reply. My Audi is the S Line but it has just the plain metal inserts in the plastic moulding. Mine are scratched to hell by the previous owner (looks like high heel damage) on both sides and my Audi dealer only sells the whole item including the plastic moulding at an extortionate price. I am just after the metal inserts if you know where I can get them. any help is appreciated.
Many thanks,
Steve.

Marrow
27-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Ye I have an sline too with just plain metal sills. These are about £100 to buy off flee bay so its an expensive upgrade for what they are really !

kodkod.84
27-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Oh right- must be another little addition to the Special Edition S-Lines then, thought they would be standard.

I would say a good upgrade if your current sills are damaged, you taken a look on ebay?

Steve- I see you are from Norwich same as me :D what A4 do you have?

swivel-hip
27-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Yes I have been looking on ebay but there dosn't seem to be much on there at the moment except for a really expensive set from germany. I live at easton near the the city. Just bought my Audi recently. It is a lovely car. Problem is the wife likes it a lot too..... Will keep looking on ebay though. Many thanks, Steve.

swivel-hip
27-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm glad mine isn't the only one as my friends has the S Line sills in his A3. Was wondering why I haven't got them as they look so much more refined. All the best, Steve.

kodkod.84
27-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Ah cool I live in Stalham just past Wroxham, always out and about in Norwich though as gfs parents live there.

It's a shame about the S-Line bits and bobs the A3 seemed to get a better deal as they have s-line embossed seats too.

You'll just have to nod at the s-line badges on the rear doors to let people know they are getting into a cool car :)

swivel-hip
27-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Now you mention it my friends A3 has got the S Line embossed seats and mine hasn't. Not being an Audi expert just having bought my first one I wondered why there were the differences? But having said that i am very happy with it. But his just has that little extra bit of quality feel to it!

Lateknight
30-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Just to re-iterate.
Only the A4 s-line Special editions have the s-line sill protectors and s-line embossed steering wheel. Sounds daft - but true.
Yet all A3 s-lines have these embossed trim (and it is supposed to be a 'lesser model' compared to the A4) !!

swivel-hip
31-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Ok. Seems a bit strange but thanks for the info. Still looking for replacement metal inserts......
regards,
Steve.

Lateknight
31-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Its going to be replacement sill trim complete, I'm afraid. Cannot buy the metal inserts seperately. (certainly not from Audi anyway)

c4a5er
01-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Just to re-iterate.
Only the A4 s-line Special editions have the s-line sill protectors and s-line embossed steering wheel. Sounds daft - but true.
Yet all A3 s-lines have these embossed trim (and it is supposed to be a 'lesser model' compared to the A4) !!

Weird this, i have embossed seats and the s-line sill protectors but don't have the embossed steering wheel??? :confused:

kodkod.84
01-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Is yours the v2 s-line SE with the black grille and window trim?
If so you won't have the badge on wheel as I think you get alcantara steering wheel and gear knob (from the DTM parts bin) whereas in v1 like mine you get punched air leather gearknob and steering wheel.

c4a5er
01-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Aah right, I didn't know there were changes to the s-line special editions. Mine is as you say with the black chrome grille surround and alcantara steering wheel/gear knob (57 reg.)
Shame about the absence of the badge on the wheel but i guess you can't have it all :)

Marc1
03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Are these what you're lookig for?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380128770113&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

EDIT: I've just realised these are for the TT and the other ones are rediculously priced. Still, I have seen them for the A4 I'm sure around this price. Also try www.ebay.de there's always a lot of new geniune Audi stuff on there, for obvious reasons.