PDA

View Full Version : stalled car - engine light now on B5.5 1.8T

hannakournikova
09-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi all, staled by car on a hill and now the engine light has came on. got it plugged into vag com and the main error are showing as MAF sensor, low voltage and running rich.
i put a new battery and MAF (chinese cheap one :o) in and the light went off, but now back on again, and i cant get the faults cleared until the weekend. but i would like to do the "donkey" work now.
after i changed ther battery i took it for a drive and the car hesitated to start and had to rev it to get revs to pic up. then took it a scoot and the turbo was very lifeless when i put the foot down and struggled around 3000rpm. so came home put the old genuine MAF in, took coils off, wd40 the connections, look at plugs.... :aargh4: covered in dark soot!!!! everything back together...engine light still on!!!!
car is currently for sale and i would like the light off so buyers dont think its a lemon!!!
also, the maf connector block looks suspicious, where can i get another block with chopped wires?
also, is there any point cleaning breather pipes/hoses? if so, where are they???

hannakournikova
10-04-2008, 03:23 PM
anyone? :beerchug:

Crasher
10-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Fit a genuine VW AMM and take it from there.